cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim failed

grish34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello i just activated my service yesterday and i wasn't able to successfully activate my esim because when it asked me to confirm my phone number transfer from old phone i had to exit the app and tried to reply but the reply was not delivered and i became stuck after that. The esim was installed but nothing after that the process got stuck halfway. And i also stupidly deleted my esim as well thinking i could start all over. Now i know i need to purchase a new esim but i cant get through to the customer agent at all. My old sim has also stopped working and now I'm stuck lol. 

Helppp

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

grish34

Hey i decided to take esim temporarily. I will see how this goes and move to hard sim if needed. And by miracle, my old phone number was actually ported to this esim. So i am able to use my old phone number with this esim now. I don't know how that works but it did and i am glad lol. Thanks all of you for your help.

@grish34 

welcome to Public Mobile...wise move ! Once you decide how to proceed (hard sim or second esim), let us know and we can coach you to successful activation.

grish34

Yeah seems like a very viable solution for now. Thank you i don't know about the agents here but the community here is certainly a great help. MOving here from chartr and that sim's accessibility was trash lol

@grish34 

nope...that esim is now useless. Call the old provider to see if you can re-activate your old account until you're ready to port over. Best is to get your new PM account going with a new number for awhile...then initiate the port after you're happy with PM.

grish34

i just wanna ask one more thing, i already approved porting my number to old esim so should i try to port my number again to this esim or no? cuz my old sim has already been deactivated and i cant use it anymore

@grish34 

if you have wifi in your area, consider downloading the free voip app like TextNow which uses wifi to call and text most any US or Cdn number for free.   It's something to use until you can get a sim and PM account successfully activated.

HI @grish34 

it is at the bottom of Subscription & Add-on screen on the app.  

HI @grish34 

To buy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

grish34

i didnt see where to buy an esim in the qpp though i did want to try that

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For my solution, go through your app. And buy a new e-sim card, it will re-guide you to install eSIM setting up!

@grish34 

@grish34 wrote:

but can i still transfer my phone number to the hard sim though?

Certainly can. 😎

grish34

but can i still transfer my phone number to the hard sim though?

grish34

Yeah its getting xxxxxxxxx cause i literally got disconnected from both sims and not am stuck with nothing to use. Sucks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@grish34 

my advise is to get a hard sim from Amazon or go to nearby Mobile Klinik to buy it. The esims are fine but have their limitations as you've found out. If you upgrade to a new phone...your esim isn't going to work...the hard sim will still work in new phone.

grish34

I will try that and get back to you

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @grish34 

so , you were using the app for activation ?  But you didn't go to the end of it?  can you uninstall and reinstall the app and try to login again?  

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

grish34

Thank you i will try

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@grish34  Please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.