cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 837

michaelvirly-gm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm trying to activate a new account for a friend and every time I get to the end I always get the error code 837. Can someone please help?

4 REPLIES 4

michaelvirly-gm

Thanks JL9, somehow I got through the process by entering the former service providers account number instead of entering the IMEI number. I used a voucher for the activation and thankfully I was able to use the same pin number after trying several times.

michaelvirly-gm

Thanks esjliv, I got it working by entering the former service providers account number instead of entering the IMEI number.

(yup, account # is always best bet ....... Luddite)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Keep an eye on your card. I know code 831 will keep charging your account for activations if you keep trying so I hope that is not the case for this code 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@michaelvirly-gm - if you did not pass the payment section yet, then close out of the activation pages, and clear your browser's cache/cookies. Or, even better to just open a tab in incognito mode then try the activation again.

If you want to try this during working hours...click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

If you got past the payment section of the activation pages, try the SIM into the phone and reboot the phone. Do you have any services?

Need Help? Let's chat.