cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim

7thStar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to get a new eSIM for my Pixel 3, but the installation failed, leaving me without a network connection. While attempting to access my online account, I'm prompted to verify an access code sent to my phone number. Despite registering and paying for my phone number, it remains inactive.

How can I receive the access code on my phone if it's not activated?

Please help

9 REPLIES 9

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@7thStar - Yes, wait for CS_Agent's reply.

Please make another ticket after 48 hours.

@7thStar it looks to me the eSIM is not installed 

and you dont have a Welcome email with the eSIM QR code??

if not, you really need to wait for support to send you one 

7thStar

There is no way to enable it. it is grayed out

7thStar

Hi softech,

Please see the screenshot. I message to agent. but no response yet. more than 24hrs!Screenshot_20240430-224219.png

HI @7thStar 

if it is showing up there but disable, you should be able to toggle it on.  Can you? or can you send us a screenshot?

but if it is not there, and you don't have a welcome email with esim QR code, you will need to open ticket with PM support.  Just message them as advised in my earlier message

fixin1

@7thStar - Can you enable it there?

7thStar

Hi softech,

Thank you for your reply. My sim card is disabled. So I can't do anything. This is a new number so not porting 

fixin1

@7thStar - The welcome email should look like this:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@7thStar 

did you request porting your old number?  if you did, the code would be sent to your old carrier sim card

but let's try to help with your esim problem

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

Android-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support by direct message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.