cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM using Public Mobile service?

moonlightgrower
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

if I have a phone with eSIM, can I configure the Public Mobile service on the eSIM? or it has to use the physical SIM slot.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@moonlightgrower wrote:

No I didn't

@moonlightgrower just curious.  It's the only eSIM-only device I know of so far.  So presumably you've got a new iPhone or Pixel with one physical SIM slot and one eSIM; you'll have to use the physical slot for now if you want to use the device with Public Mobile.

"So far" was indeed correct.  Sounds like iPhone 14 has gone eSIM-only in most markets.  Expect more to come.  The SIM card tray will go the way of removable batteries and the headphone jack, over time.  Probably much sooner now that Apple has done it, since everyone seems to follow them (for better or for worse).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@moonlightgrower wrote:

No I didn't

@moonlightgrower just curious.  It's the only eSIM-only device I know of so far.  So presumably you've got a new iPhone or Pixel with one physical SIM slot and one eSIM; you'll have to use the physical slot for now if you want to use the device with Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

moonlightgrower

No I didn't

srlawren

@moonlightgrower wrote:

Hi,

if I have a phone with eSIM, can I configure the Public Mobile service on the eSIM? or it has to use the physical SIM slot.

Thanks.

@moonlightgrower did you preorder a Moto RAZR 2020?

murtaza404

Currently, PM does not have an option for the eSim. When they do have the option, you will be able to configure it using self serve.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile does not offer this option. Who knows what the future will hold but for now it's not available

Need Help? Let's chat.