cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM not working on phone, can I just purchase a SIM card to cancel the eSIM?

qubn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, basically, I purchased a plan with an eSIM card because during the payment, it said that my IMEI number was compatible.

But when I downloaded the app, it said that it wasn't compatible.

So my question is : Can I just go purchase a SIM card, put it in my phone, go to the app and activate it? Or will it still ask me to activate my eSIM instead? Is the plan I purchased only related to that eSIM?

6 REPLIES 6

qubn

Alrighty, I'll do that then! Thank you!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qubn  If you plan to port number over to PM from Roger’s do t cancel it . It need to be activate to port to PM . Once successfully ported to PM it will automatically close your rogers account 

qubn

I checked online and apparently the canadian model of my phone doesn't support eSIM's.

I don't even see that option in my settings.

How long does it usually take for the support to answer tickets? I wanted to go purchase the cards and cancel my Rogers account at the same time. But I don't think that will be possible.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@qubn 

there is a chance  the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

And if the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @qubn 

you can.  Get a sim and ask support to update the sim number

But check again the esim setup on your phone.  check Sim card manager and is it active? or set it as Primary and make sure "turn on this line" is set

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qubn @Yes you can change from eSIM to physical sim and I urge you to do so as I prefer physical sim anyways . Far more Benight’s ti physical sim . But since the account hasn’t been activated yet . You will have to ask Support to sim swap the number for you once you have SIM card in hand .just

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1709918456735.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.