cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM failed to activate, without service since Sunday

km72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community, 

Has anyone had success with support in the past week? I just joined on Sunday and have been waiting for resolution ever since I signed up. I’ve submitted two tickets and DM’d support with no response. I get it’s busy but to be without service this long is ridiculous. I just want to be able to use my phone. 

8 REPLIES 8

km72

Ah. I see now. That seems to have done it - incredibly frustrating that this wasn't outlined at all in the initial setup process/instructions from PM's side.

Thank you so much for your help!

@km72 and you checked the sim manager that the eSIM was not installed? Sometimes, it is installed and just not enabled and hence you are getting the error message 

km72

The eSIM has repeatedly failed to install. Scanning the QR code immediately returns "unable to activate eSIM" message.

km72

Yes, I've been checking my inbox daily.

The eSIM is not installed, scanning the QR code returns "unable to activate eSIM" message immediately.

km72

Yes, and yes. Number was ported without issue.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@km72 

Are you porting your old number over to PM?

If so, did you reply with YES to the text from your old carrier with the old SIM in your phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @km72 

did you check the inbox here for agent's reply?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

And check your sim manager, is the esim installed?

if not, do you have  the welcome email? try to scan the QR code there to install the esim

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@km72 

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.