cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM activation (existing member)

Soumitra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @CS_Agent ,

I am an existing Public Mobile member. I had an android phone but recently I got gifted an iPhone 14 (bought from America) from a family member. It requires an eSIM activation code but I only have the physical SIM card. Is it possible to get an eSIM for my new phone? If so, what is the process? Do I have to cancel my original phone plan then re-purchase it or do I have to make a brand new account then start from scratch? I hope to hear back soon! 

8 REPLIES 8

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would suggest to approach a CSA. ESims are free right now and no doubt with some of the fixes they have had to do, that your request might be a doable manual fix. 

SnowChamps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You have two options:

1. Wait till PM starts supporting eSIM for exiting users - should not be too long. My guess is within 3 months.
  2. Switch to another provider and then switch back to PM as a new user and get eSIM while activating. But you will lose all your discounts - loyalty/ referrals etc. Select this option if you dont have much discounts to lose.

@Jack1818 PM just started eSIM system for a month. Give it some time to fine tune the system and hope we can have eSIM soon as well 

In terms of competitivity, Chatr still has no eSIM support , Lucky has full eSim support, PM?  I would say half supported 

Jack1818

shame on PM. PM is no longer competitive!

@Soumitra   Yes, only new activation can use eSIM at the moment.  For new activation, a new account with a new number is needed

if you really need the eSIM now and not to wait and need to keep your phone number, you might want to consider porting out your number to Koodo or Telus

Soumitra

Hi @softech So you are saying I will have to create a new number and account in order to use eSIM right now? I need to use my new phone as soon as possible so does this mean I will need to go to another company if I need to use my existing number?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Soumitra 

Sorry, due to system limitation, PM is not ready to let existing customers migrate to eSIM at the moment.  Not sure the timetable for this feature, hopefully soon

For now, physical sim is the only way for existing customers

@Soumitra wrote:

Hello @CS_Agent ,

I am an existing Public Mobile member. I had an android phone but recently I got gifted an iPhone 14 (bought from America) from a family member. It requires an eSIM activation code but I only have the physical SIM card. Is it possible to get an eSIM for my new phone? If so, what is the process? Do I have to cancel my original phone plan then re-purchase it or do I have to make a brand new account then start from scratch? I hope to hear back soon! 

Sorry, but the option isn't available to existing customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.