cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-Sim Activation Fail

KatieFarrand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I was unable to complete my e-Sim activation when it was first being setup in the app. I have also tried using the QR code provided in the e-mail, but it says activation failed on my iPhone cellular setup. I have tried restarting my phone, and the service bars is showing as SOS since my phone number has been transferred.

5 REPLIES 5

KatieFarrand

Hi everyone, thanks for the advice. They got back to me and it was a glitch with the initial activation of the eSIM and it acted as if it had been deleted which is why the QR code didn't work. I had to get a new eSIM and everything worked after that.

GregNS

Katie I’m not a hero but just subscribed tonight and had the exact same issue. Ported my number from Bell and called to confirm it was ported the phone still didn’t work. I had the same issue esim not activated. iPhone XR is what I have. I powered down and remove my SIM card from Bell. When I powered it back up shwing !!! All up and going calls in and out texting no issues now good luck

KatieFarrand

There is no eSim listed on my phone. I have tried the QR code from the welcome e-mail, and I get "Unable to Activate eSIM" and to contact my carrier for assistance.

I have opened a ticket with CS Agent, but have not yet received a response.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am assuming that you will need to contact CS_Agent, have you used your QR code already?

It looks like this within the Welcome Email:

fixin1_9-1715127244360.pngfixin1_10-1715127244360.pngfixin1_11-1715127244360.png

If you already tried it, please check your phone within the Cellular settings and see if it is enabled, also make sure to disable any PM non eSIM:

fixin1_12-1715127244360.png

On your phone's cellular screen press on "Public Mobile" menu

And disable any non PM eSIM / SIM like this BetterRoaming eSIM:

fixin1_13-1715127244360.png Switch it off like here: fixin1_14-1715127244360.png

Then enable PM eSIM:

fixin1_15-1715127244360.png Then enable PM eSIM via toggle: fixin1_16-1715127244360.png

It should start to work. iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, and iPhone SE2 and newer are eSIM compatible.

But if it doesn't work or you removed / deleted the eSIM from your phone please contact CS_Agent for a new eSIM:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_17-1715127244360.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KatieFarrand 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.