cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade plan keep credit

reb_chung17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ive opened a 35 plan on dec 1 and see on my account a credit of 35 (free month).

would i keep the whole credit and apply it for the next (2) months IF i downgrade the plan to 15 before jan 1? 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

If the money is already on the account you are fine.

Did you get the data bonus? They may disappear with the downgrade

The fine print says it will but many here doubt that they will actually go through trouble of removing it. If you end up downgrading and the data actually stays on your account, would you mind letting us know, many are curious.

Thanks

That promo data appears in a different place...not the data & add-ons area. The previous 1gb gift and the new gifts appear familiarly in the normal place.

I would be quite surprised to see the 5gb stay on a plan change due to this different location. I would think it should be acceptable to change to a higher cost plan but that's not what the fine print says.

I would also be curious to see if somebody tests it out and keeps the data.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If the money is already on the account you are fine.

Did you get the data bonus? They may disappear with the downgrade

The fine print says it will but many here doubt that they will actually go through trouble of removing it. If you end up downgrading and the data actually stays on your account, would you mind letting us know, many are curious.

Thanks

@reb_chung17 I'm not sure about the $35 credit, but if you received the 5 gb add-on, you will lose that if you change your plan according to the fine print. Some people have indicated they did not think the system would support this but PM staff has indicated that they can do it

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@reb_chung17 wrote:

ive opened a 35 plan on dec 1 and see on my account a credit of 35 (free month).

would i keep the whole credit and apply it for the next (2) months IF i downgrade the plan to 15 before jan 1? 

@reb_chung17  If the $35 is already in your account funds then yes, you can switch to the $15 on your next renewal and the system will use the amount in your funds to renew the $15.00 plan.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@reb_chung17Check the fine print of your particular offer. A lot of Public Mobile offers get invalidated if you change the plan within the 6 months of promotions.

Need Help? Let's chat.