cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double payment

jbouley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was charged twice for the same month.  how do i get one of the transactions reversed?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jbouley wrote:

i was charged twice for the same month.  how do i get one of the transactions reversed?

Hello @jbouley ,

Are you seeing these transactions on your credit card? Are you sure they are both Authorized, Completed charges?

If you do not see the additional funds in your Available Funds balance, than perhaps one of these charges are pending charges that will eventually fall away once the payments are authorized?

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If the double payment now is a surplus payment and shows in your "Balance" you can just opt to do nothing if you can afford. PM takes payments from Balance first and then from Auto-Pay set up. 

But I do recommend if that was a PM error and not yours....and the fact that also auto-pay can fail by not taking any money, leaving you with no service....I suggest the Hybrid Auto-Pay system.  

Leave auto-pay in place (for the $2 off) and do a manual top of of 2 x the amount needed and then at every text that says you have paid.....do another manual top up. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jbouley 

This topic seems to come up often enough.  Along with the (smart) idea of leaving it in your account as a Balance for future use, it's also good to confirm whether this was an actual posted amount, or just authorized amount.

Companies like Public Mobile may charge (authorize) multiple transactions for any variety of reasons, but usually only one transaction gets posted that you have to pay.  In other words, you only pay 1 and the others drop off and disappear.

Not sure if this is the case, but if you provide us with further details as asked above - manual or automatic payments/etc, we might have a more-specific answer for you too!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If the double payment now is a surplus payment and shows in your "Balance" you can just opt to do nothing if you can afford. PM takes payments from Balance first and then from Auto-Pay set up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you manually click it twice..   you should see payment from the 2nd time stay as Available Fund on your My Account.  It would be used by the system for next renewal if you let it stays there.  

PM is a prepaid service and technically it won't do refund.  Mods are nice and reasonable and might do so of it was an honest mistake.  But it will still take a week or two.   So, if you don't mind, leaving it as Availble Find would be an easier option.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make a manual payment or make a plan change?  You would be better just to leave the credit in your account to put towards your next payment.  If you want to get a credit then try submitting a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.