cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does changing plans delete promo data?

Lpham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!
When I signed up for Public a few months ago I got the promo 3gb that doesnt expire until used.  I just switched to a new plan (The $30 for 2gb) for my next cycle due in a few weeks.  I was wondering if I will keep that promo 3gb if I am switching out of the original plan?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

Yeah through some glitches they wound up giving everyone who received the free gift text message both 5Gb of data and 1000 minutes. The minutes are of no use to many currently but if you were ever to switch down to the $15 plan that only has 100 minutes of outgoing you may get some use from the Canada Calling minutes then.

AE_Collector

Lpham

I thought so too! 
The Mod team did confirm it would drop as well.  Maybe it'll be removed later on.  Screen shot below on my account.  I also got a bonus 5gb added to account and 1000 Canada wide min (i think current plan is unlimited for min).

Lpham_0-1599583686089.png

That is surprising.

@Lpham 

Thanks for the update it appears that promo data is safe. That tends to be the case but it always takes a daring individual to test out the theory.......i guess you were feeling lucky!

Lpham

Hello!

So I checked my account(s) and both of the 3gbs are still there!

I didnt use a ton of the data about 1gb on my account and about 1.5gb for my daughters.

I was pleasantly surprised.

@Lpham 

Which one of you is feeling lucky? Schedule one to change and one to change after the first if  you keep the data. Otherwise pay the extra $5 for the next 30 and splurge on data.

Lpham

Thank you for the link! Interesting read.

I guess both have happened with the bonus data (keeping it and losing it)   I will definitely update this post on whether it was kept.  I have both my account and my daughters with the bonus!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Changing-plans-will-I-lose-2-gb-bonus-d...

@Lpham

As @AE_Collector has suggested you never know until you try. I dont want to give you false hope and I stand by my original answer but stranger things have happened. Have a read thru the above thread....  *

Good Luck! 

AE_Collector

Lpham

Thank you for the info!

That is very interesting (and a bit funny).  I will try and let you know if it worked! 😀

I get it, the buffer is nice to have but $5 savings is nice as well.

To make you feel a bit better about losing it, go crazy for the next week or two and burn half of it up. I say “half” because it works on a sliding scale, use none and it will be lost with your plan change. But burn almost all of it up and it will for some reason remain on your account after the switch. Try using half and maybe you will get lucky and have the remaining half stay put!

I have seen several people on here report they DID lose a data promo when switching so don't hold your breath.

AE_Collector

Lpham

agreed!  I'm currently on the $35 2 gb plan so same data I switched to but $5 less monthly.  I generally don't go over 2gb a month but I really liked having that 3gb buffer just in case!

My plan renews Sept 3 - so I do have that promo for another 2 weeks lol

@Lpham 

You can still remove the scheduled plan change to not lose the data bonus. But as you say, probably a good deal going to the $30 / 2 Gb plan anyway. What plan are you currently on?

AE_Collector

Lpham

I was advised the promo would be removed when my plan renews to new plan.

If it was the 3gb they were offering a few months ago than yours would be gone if you changed plans but msging the mod team will confirm! 🙂

Lpham

You're exactly right!

I confirmed with moderator team that promo would be lost.  I guess it was still worth it for me to switch over.

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

pls check 

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good point , so i should becareful incase if i upgrade my plan Bravo.

Most of these promos were worded that the bonus would be lost if the plan is changed. It always seemed crazy to me that they would prevent someone from bumping their plan cost UP by taking Their promo away. But it was confirmed by Alan K long ago that any change would cause the promo to be removed. 

AE_Collector

@Lpham 

I am pretty sure you will lose the promo data by changing the plan. However if you are changing from the $35/2gb plan to the $30/2gb i would message the moderators to see if you can change it and keep the promo data because they have replaced the $35 plan with the $30 plan.

Lpham

Thanks!  I signed up in June,,,I will check promo details...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham What did the promo say? It looks like that it is related to the plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham It depends upon the terms of the promotion.  When did you sign up? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.