cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deactivation

Nick45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We had attempted to switch services to Public. When port our phone number to Public at the beginning of Sept, then decided to stay with current carrier. They said the service had not been transferred to Public. Since then I can't receive calls or texts from Telus customers. 

7 REPLIES 7

Nick45

Thanks. Honestly didn't think of doing that. Sounds like a solution. Of just wait until after Sept 30. Contract won't renew and hopefully the problem is resolved.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

It almost sounds like your problem?

@Nick45 

Since your phone number is safe with Virgin I wonder if logging into your public mobile account and changing your phone number might fix the issue?

Nick45

lol. Unfortunately the contacts who use Telus are my daughter, son-in-law and both adult grandchildren. I didn't realize until yesterday that I had been missing all their texts since beginning of Sept. I thought they were ghosting me. lol. I call Virgin to port the number to Public. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I stayed with them. 

Nick45

I didn't keep the SIM card. I put the Virgin card back in. I can receive any call or text from my contacts who do not have Telus as a carrier.

Nick45

I didn't keep the Telus SIM card. I am was and still am with Virgin. I can receive all calls and texts that don't have Telus as a carrier.  I guess I just have to wait until the end of the month. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol You're in a no mans land. It sounds like you didn't confirm the transfer from the old provider. But outgoing calls ought to have worked here. Were you enticed away or was it that you were having problems here? Then you want to go back and transfer your number back. But it's not really all here yet. Can you still access your old account? Does the old sim still work for other provider inbound calls?

I wonder if you were to wait out the month timeout for transfers that then give you a new number here and the old number would be back on your old account. Turn off PAP here first. Interesting.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nick45 , if you number was not transferred to Public Mobile your Telus account would still be active and holding your number.  Check using your Telus SIM card.  If you can confirm that on the Telus end, then you simply remove auto payment on this end and let the account to into suspension.  

Need Help? Let's chat.