cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data in US

Munmun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I always get add on when I go to the US but it never works.  I will be going again next week and I need to know how to make it work.

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There are issues with phone calls if you don't have VoLTE, but you mention you only have issues with data which shouldn't be a problem.

1) Set your Preferred Network to 4G vs 5G. There is a known issue with AT&T 5G not working, so by setting your network preference to 4G you'll avoid data not working whenever you're connected to AT&T 5G.

2) Ensure that Data Roaming is enabled on your device.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Munmun 

what make / model is the cellphone you use ? Which state do you plan to travel to ?The data add-on should work just fine while you're in US...just make sure you have Data Roaming enabled.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. T-Mobile will work for data and text and volte when 5G is selected for networks.
2. T-Mobile and AT&T will work for data and text and volte on 4G LTE when 4G LTE is selected for networks.
3. T-Mobile will work for talk and text on 2G GSM for either automatic switch down or manually switching.

Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte here yet?
What make and model is your phone?

All connections are dependent on coverage for each situation.

Adding - and of course that roaming data is on for data and that cell data is on for data.

Need Help? Let's chat.