Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card payment error

terrie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got these text messages:

"We tried to process your Auitopay renewal but something went wrong"

"Ensure that your credit card details and billing address are correct"

I haven't changed the credit card, but it was renewed. When I look on the Payment tab, the only options are:

Replace this credit card
Remove this credit card

I don't want to do either. I only want to edit to expiry date, so where is the page to do that?

I also tried going to the My Profile page and clicking on "be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here

. . . but this does not bring up my credit card information so I can update it. Where's the page that shows my current credit card details - address, expiry, etc.?

5 REPLIES 5

@terrie wrote:

Expiry is a pretty normal thing with credit cards. The profile should either allow that to be edited, or at the very least, there should be an onscreen message that credit card expiry change requires the complete re-entry.

And why is there a page that says:"be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here"  - when based on what you are saying, there is no place to update a credit card address either; that too would require complete re-entry of the credit card information from scratch.  

There are many instances where the words and the actual functionality differ.  Most of us long termers come to accept this.  We just focus on the actual functionality.  

terrie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Expiry is a pretty normal thing with credit cards. The profile should either allow that to be edited, or at the very least, there should be an onscreen message that credit card expiry change requires the complete re-entry.

And why is there a page that says:"be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here"  - when based on what you are saying, there is no place to update a credit card address either; that too would require complete re-entry of the credit card information from scratch.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@terrie , the self server account can be finicky at times.  I would suggest removing the current credit card and then adding the new one instead of using the replacement option.  Both should get you to the same place.  Sometimes you never know with the hidden bugs.  

@terrie wrote:

Got these text messages:

"We tried to process your Auitopay renewal but something went wrong"

"Ensure that your credit card details and billing address are correct"

I haven't changed the credit card, but it was renewed. When I look on the Payment tab, the only options are:

Replace this credit card
Remove this credit card

I don't want to do either. I only want to edit to expiry date, so where is the page to do that?

I also tried going to the My Profile page and clicking on "be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here

. . . but this does not bring up my credit card information so I can update it. Where's the page that shows my current credit card details - address, expiry, etc.?

The name and address shown in your self serve profile isn't related to billing.  You'll have to use the replace or remove options. I have read that sometimes, people have better luck after first removing the old card, but that's likely only because people are in troubleshooting mode at that stage.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@terrie 

Unfortunately, there is no option just to change the expirary date.  

You will need to choose one of the two options.  Either should work. 

When you enter the credit card information, make sure the address exactly matches your billing address on file with credit card company. If apartment number, keep that section blank.  

Need Help? Let's chat.