cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact a monitor

derekc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In my endless futile searches for information on the PM website I occasionally come across "contact a monitor" but I can't figure out what to do to make it happpen. I get diverted to a useless robot.

What I desperately need to do immediately is to set up a roaming connection in the US. I attempted to do so a few days ago but it didn't work so I was unable to make a contact I needed. I'm going down again on Tuesday March 12 and if I can't learn how to set up roaming to make cellphone contact by then I will be cancelling my PM account and contacting the CRTC about fraudlulant claims and compensation.

Derek

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed - customers shouldn't post contact information in a publicbly viewable place

11 REPLIES 11

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Michelle12 could you check @Luddite 's link to see exactly which puk is required ? Thanks. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Unlock-Nokia-lumia-830/m-p/486178/hig...

@Michelle12 wrote:

I need a puk number

Michelle12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a puk number

derekc

Thanks srlawren

I followed the steps in your guide and I seem to have successfully created a US roaming add-on; I'll know for sure tomorrow. My Current Add-Ons now shows 10-day talk and text. It would be a useful feature if it also showed the expiry date.

I saved a link from computergeek541 to contact a monitor. It seems to work but I didn't post anything. I'll try to use it if I need information on another subject.

Derek

@derekc, there is a 1-855-4PUBLIC number you can call from the states to access the 611 interface, if it doesn't work with 611.

You can go on any computer browser to access your self-serve account (called My Account) by going to www.publicmobile.ca where the point and click will work.  You just need your email address and password.  That is, if you've setup a self-serve account.  If you haven't, there is also an option to do that on the same page.

derekc

Thanks to all of you who replied. I have looked at a guide from srlawren. I have not yet tried it; much of it I had already done.

For now I want to point out something that many of you have probably not considered. I don't have a touch-screen mini computer, just a simple cell-phone with only phone and text messaging which is all I want. I have no way to click on a link in a text message. So any instructions that require a click are useless to me (and probably to many others) unless I am at home using my computer. A couple of times I have gotten a link starting with lt/y/ (or something like that) in texts from PM, but it does not connect to anything using Chrome on my home computer.

Some mentioned dialing 611. Would this work from the US if I have not yet succeded in setting up a roaming add-on?

Derek

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@derekc wrote:

In my endless futile searches for information on the PM website I occasionally come across "contact a monitor" but I can't figure out what to do to make it happpen. I get diverted to a useless robot.

What I desperately need to do immediately is to set up a roaming connection in the US. I attempted to do so a few days ago but it didn't work so I was unable to make a contact I needed. I'm going down again on Tuesday March 12 and if I can't learn how to set up roaming to make cellphone contact by then I will be cancelling my PM account and contacting the CRTC about fraudlulant claims and compensation.

Derek

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed - customers shouldn't post contact information in a publicbly viewable place

@derekc  have a look at the top of the page and click on Plans. Scroll through untill you see Add-ons. You'll see in Canada add-ons then you'll see US Roaming add-on options. If you're going to USA, you'll need something to be able to use your phone. The prices are clearly marked. As the other community members have directed, it's a 2 step process to get your selected Add-on for a 10 day period. First you'll be loading the $$ to your account for your selection...then you'll go back and select the  add-on itself. It sounds unessesarily complicated...and I don't agrue that point. It does work tho...I've used the USA Add-ons several times and they work good once you get it set up. Good luck and let us all know once you get things working.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@derekc you may want to have a look at my guide for purchasing add-ons.  It's possible you missed the second step.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@derekc wrote:

There's nothing fraudulent happening.

Your phone will have settings somewhere to turn on roaming for any one or all of talk/text/data.

You buy whichever roaming add-on you like by 2 steps: 1. (if not already enough there) adding money into your account manually with a credit card or manually using the credit card on file or using a voucher. 2. selecting and buying the add-on using the money in your account. (611 can be used with vouchers or pre-registered credit cards to buy add-ons)

Then upon arriving in the states your phone needs to find and connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile by the network settings that could be auto or manual scan.

The add-on starts right away (other than maybe restarting the phone) and the roaming add-ons last for 10 days. There's no future dating. The day you buy it is day 1 not day 0. Keep in mind everything here works on ET.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@derekc 

Adding a roaming addon is a fairly easy thing to do...what happened last time you tried??..other than the obvious part about it not working...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can purchase add-ons  umy calling 611 from your phone, assumi g you have a cc on file and if you k ow your pin else you can do it via Self-serve.

This guide can help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

@derekc wrote:

Moderators can be contacted by sending a private message by clicking here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also, please do not post things such as e-mail addresses or phone numbers.  Anyone with an internet connection can see such information.  In addition, Public Mobile does not provide customer support by e-mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.