cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection issue

alexcieslik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alright 

So i switched to public mobile a month ago and it seems like i was getting mixed providers. When i called today they said the transfer didn’t go through and they assigned me a new number. Now nothing works, it doesnt connect to the public mobile network and i can only use my phone if i’m on wifi. I’ve reset my network settings, i’ve turned my phone off and on and nothing seems to work. 

4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try the Public sim in another phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @alexcieslik I think your phone number transfer did not completed,.  Did you reply text from your old provider and approve the porting?

It has been a month, since you didn't approve the porting by replying YES, PM have to cancel the request and assign you a new number.  Before you can try to ask to port again, make sure your old service is still active  make sure you have your old sim card.  If you have all these, you can request porting again.  This time, after you request  porting, put your old sim card in the phone,  wait for the text and reply YES within 90 mins

@alexcieslik wrote:

Alright 

So i switched to public mobile a month ago and it seems like i was getting mixed providers. When i called today they said the transfer didn’t go through and they assigned me a new number. Now nothing works, it doesnt connect to the public mobile network and i can only use my phone if i’m on wifi. I’ve reset my network settings, i’ve turned my phone off and on and nothing seems to work. 

Something may have happened to the provisioining of your service when your phone number was changed. Contact a Publlic Mobile customer support agent again by opening a ticket. Tickets are opened through the chatbot in the following link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Only after your Public Mobile servcie is working again should number porting be re-attempted.

Rgass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try backing up your contacts remove your sim and. Reset your phone to factory default 

Need Help? Let's chat.