cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check my voicemail while under suspension

JohnKMaloney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've misplaced my phone so I temporarily put it out of service.

Before the upgrade I was able to check my messages from a  landline. Why can't I anymore?

Now i have to wait until i retrieve it so as I am waiting for an urgent call I will have to go back( out of my way) before work as I cannot use my friends cell or a  landline to check voice mail.

Is this true or is there another way?

I know I won't know the answer in time 😞

10 REPLIES 10

JohnKMaloney

That's what I thought. Not ideal if it's how you communicate. People need time to find or replace. In this case it's neither...more of being grounded from phone use but still don't want to miss an important call!

JohnKMaloney

So if my phone I'd lost...I should still be able to check voice mail for idk 72hrs, at least until I find my phone or get a new one. Landlines are a thing of the past. 

JohnKMaloney

No it's auto pay

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This may have changed with the new system. The Univac operator used to say that they continue to get voicemails after a self-suspend. And here's the OP wondering about it not working.

That makes sense @DennyCrane . For some reason, I thought voicemail was still available while suspended here for a while. Could be mistaken though, as I never tested it myself.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv  I wouldn't call this a glitch, I'd call it expected behaviour as you're not paying for service, which includes voicemail. If you had a different experience in past, it was likely a glitch at that point in time

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JohnKMaloney   

your account is now suspended but because you didn't pay?

if you paid for your account and you put it in Lost/Stolen, Voicemail should work. VM will only stop working if you didn't pay for renewal

@esjliv that was my experience from before.  But honest, it has been awhile, unless there are changes since

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

When did this begin @softech . Has Public posted this anywhere or is this just another glitch?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnKMaloney   Yes, Suspended account no longer have voicemail 

you can try to put it out of Lost/Stolen (if that was what you did) or make a payment to resume services (if it was suspended due to non-payment)

Need Help? Let's chat.