cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing to a new provider

annette54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am changing to a different provider and not keeping the phone number that I have with Public Mobile--how to I cancel my account with Public Mobile??  I have read several posts stating to wait till the cycle is done--but many state that they ported their number to the new provider--please help!!!

4 REPLIES 4

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@annette54 wrote:

I am changing to a different provider and not keeping the phone number that I have with Public Mobile--how to I cancel my account with Public Mobile??  I have read several posts stating to wait till the cycle is done--but many state that they ported their number to the new provider--please help!!!

You can also suspend your service NOW, then wait 90 days for the account to close.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@annette54 wrote:

If you are not porting your number out I would log in to the self serve and remove any autopay information you have.  You could even go as far as reportign the phone lost or stolen so that the sim is deactivated and won't renew as an extra step as well.  Of course doing this all after you have set up with a new provider.  After 90 day sof not paying for your PM service your account will be closed and you will lose the number you had with PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@annette54 If you have autopay set up, you have to remove your credit card information. If not, your account will be suspended after 90 days after the last date of payment covered. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@annette54 hi you just let it expire just make sure you remove credit card information good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.