cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing providers

Turnover55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to switch my service from public mobile to rogers due to work. I will be porting my current phone number over to rogers. my question was:

would I still be able to keep my current public mobile account and add a different phone number to it? I want to do this to keep my rewards. this way I can use rogers with my original number and use a new number for the public mobile account. I need to know if this is possible and how I can do such a thing. please help 

8 REPLIES 8

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Turnover55 wrote:

I have to switch my service from public mobile to rogers due to work. 

Why?

Are they paying the bill?

Can you use it for personal use?

Will they have access to your calls? 

Losing privacy?

Do they have a policy that you need to read?

If they pay the bill...then why keep rewards?

Why not keep PM? And call forward or carry both phones. 

Being on call, depending on your job, can become an obligatory PITA. 

What happens to phone and number upon termination?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Turnover55 

so why you need port and change number and and,,

keep what you have at public mobile.. and go to rogers and take new number all for Free

and sorry be careful from rogers the are put it bill with out note and why not to take new plan with new promo from public mobile, and at public mobile more rewards to you earn...

@Turnover55 

Which provider did your original phone number come from? If it's in the Rogers family then you can co-ordinate with Rogers to retrieve the phone number from their holding number pool once you change numbers in your self serve account and pm releases the number back to the original provider.

If its bell or telus then you would need to activate a new account with them and make the same arrangement. You would then port your number from the new account to Rogers. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Turnover55  yes, this is one of the most asked question.

No, if you port your number away first, your account would be closed automatically after porting, so, you don't get to keep your account

If you change your number first , your old number would be gone (return to the original provider where the number belongs)

so, there is really no way to get this done.  😞

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, As soon as you port your number out, your account is closed and rewards are gone. 

Your new number will lose the loyalty rewards, other rewards like autopay and any current bonuses can be applied.

@Turnover55 wrote:

So would it be possible to change number before porting and that way I have a different number on this account and I can use my old number for Rogers? 

Sorry, but no. You can't port a number out if it isn't active.Changing the phone number on your Public Mobile account will deactivate the previous phone number.  

Turnover55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So would it be possible to change number before porting and that way I have a different number on this account and I can use my old number for Rogers? 

@Turnover55 wrote:

I have to switch my service from public mobile to rogers due to work. I will be porting my current phone number over to rogers. my question was:

would I still be able to keep my current public mobile account and add a different phone number to it? I want to do this to keep my rewards. this way I can use rogers with my original number and use a new number for the public mobile account. I need to know if this is possible and how I can do such a thing. please help 

Unfortunately, your Public Mobile account will be permanently closed after you port your number to another carrier. You won't be able to keep your plan nor will be you be able to keep your rewards.  Also a new number cannot be assigned to the the Public Mobile account after porting out.

Need Help? Let's chat.