cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change plan

sagefox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to change my planf for a period of time as I am going to the USA and need to be able to make calls in the USA and back to Canada and have more data.

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is NO plan to give you ability to call from US to Canada. For that feature you would have to keep buying US add-ons which over time will become expensive. Bettor option is to have local - US SIM for longer period of time.

As for calling from Canada to US you can get any $50+ plan giving you unlimited US minutes. Again - this is for calls initiated in Canada to US, not other way around.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sagefox Just an FYI, none of the current plans have US roaming built in. Don't let the $50+ US and Canada talk, text and data plans confuse you. Those plans are only for Canada TO Canada & the US talk, no US roaming.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would recommend you get familiar with the Public Mobile website so you know your options.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sagefox  - Roaming addons are needed for services while in the USA. They only last 10 days from the point of successfully added to your account.

You can use Roaming addons on any active plan. So, if you schedule a CHANGE ON NEXT RENEWAL to the $15 plan, then you can purchase the same Roaming addons to use while in the USA.

But, if you are going for a while (a local SIM may be your best option), so, either suspend your account, don't pay on renewal or list it in lost/stolen if you have a balance in available funds so it doesn't renew. Then reactivate before the 90 days of losing your account is up.

Safe travels

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sagefox   You can change  it to a lower plan and then buy extra US Roaming.   

When you make the plan change, just make sure you click Change in the next billing date.  Change Now will make the change immediately, which I doubt you want that in your case

But how long you are going? All roaming are in 10 days cycle.  If you go there longer, you might want to buy local prepaid data in US, cheaper and more data.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long are you going? If more than a week or 2 I would get a local prepaid sim option or voip app and turn off autopay and remove your card so you don't pay for PM. BE careful though bc after 90 days you lose your number and account as it gets deactivated so make sure your renew prior to that. PM has 10 day roaming addons but if you are there for an extended time it could get quite pricey

Need Help? Let's chat.