cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change number

NINAQIAN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 
I changed my number a few days ago. But many of my bank details still require the original mobile number to receive verification before I can change my number. Can I change back to my original number? My original number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and my current number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. 
thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

FYI @NINAQIAN 

We’re just other customers like you in this forum.

You may also want to amend your post to remove the phone number since it is a Public site.

To do so go into your post and tap the downward facing arrow in the upper right of your message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NINAQIAN  hold on to your new number.

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed number to route the text correctly to your new number.    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after  but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

it's ONLY a concern if you waited a full week and you still not getting the 2FA text.  But still, you should check with your bank to confirm if they have the new number registered on the record

Need Help? Let's chat.