cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change email

jess-68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my email address before inserting my new SIM card and now cannot access my account as I get an invalide notice. What can I do to change to a new email address and keep my phone number intact?

4 REPLIES 4

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you mean you changed your email address for the Community forums, for the Public Mobile main login or for the accounts in your phone settings?  Also, which model of Torch do you have?

NOTE: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices has all the documentation for the torch series and how to configure the settings.

NOTE2: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/desktop-software-downloads is the link to download the Blackberry Desktop Software which will allow you to backup your blackberry to your PC or Mac, update the software and restore in case of corruption.  You would need to select the link BlackBerry Desktop software for BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier.  Once you've backed up and updated your Blackberry then use the documentation to configure SMS/MMS and retest.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jess-68 

Providing some more details of the problem would be really helpful (but keep in mind that this is a public forum, so you can include examples, just not any personal info).

If you activated your PM account at home, the login username for your self-serve account is the email address you entered during activation. You say you changed this email? Did you contact Moderators to request this change, because as customers, we cannot change the username / email.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jess-68 wrote:

I changed my email address before inserting my new SIM card and now cannot access my account as I get an invalide notice. What can I do to change to a new email address and keep my phone number intact?

Changing email address does not affect your phone service.  Restart you phone after changing to PM SIM card.

PM self-serve account uses your email address as the username.  Therefore, you need to create support ticket using the Chat button on the lower right hand corner to change email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jess-68 

Did you actually finish the whole activation process?

Do you still have access to the other email inbox?

Try clearing cache/site cookies, or using incognito/privacy mode or even a different browser.

The email address is mostly just a log in. But there are complications. But let's see if you can log in to start.

Need Help? Let's chat.