cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cellphone cannot receive SMS messages from +882 phone numbers

balajibobot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I confirm if my sim can receive SMS messages from +882 phone numbers.

4 REPLIES 4

balajibobot

Guys, am not a newbie.

am finding a specific problem to use case.

iot device with lte-m -> mobile phone using public mobile.

Upon checking, the IoT device in Germany which uses a +882 number to send SMS messages, and that is successful to your Canadian phone public mobile number.
The IOT device in Canada is 89357* which uses a +999 number to send SMS messages , and that is not successful to your Canadian phone public mobile number.
Technically, the reason a carrier would block numbers is due to spam but ONLY on incoming messages.

What this means is that the Canadian phone number i have is the one that could potentially be blocking SMS from +999 numbers.

‘’am look g for two specific questions: 1) is public mobile  are blocking SMS from +999 numbers, and 2) if so can you unblock them.

balajibobot

Am testing to get text from a hologram IOT sim in Canada ..

https://support.hologram.io/hc/en-us/articles/360047721933-Troubleshooting-undelivered-SMS-messages-... 

hologram says confirm with public mobile.. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@balajibobot 882 or 883 are country codes for "non-country".  I never try to get those sms, did you ever able to get it from another provider?

Also, if you just posted in your number into PM, it is normal some text won't come until 3 to 7 days after.  If it has not been a full week yet, please wait

If it has been over 7 days, please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Anyone from anywhere in the world can call you can talk all day/night.  They can also text you.

You however are only able to call out , text from Canada to Canada.  If you have the Can/US package then you can call/text the USA only. If you have unlimited plan then you can use as you wish.

If limited minutes,  then when it's done you cannot call anymore unless you purchase add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.