cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant use data on phone.

Helen1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever I'm out somewhere I cannot use the data.  I have 2.5 GB but it wont work

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Helen1975   What make and model is your phone?

Calls are ok and just not data?

Try to put your sim card in a test phone and check if you can find one

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

1. Turn your data turned on. 

2. There may be some apps that you are trying to use that are switched OFF from using data.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Helen1975  - also ensure you have data left on your plan within this current cycle.

If you do not see your data line listed in this area under your overview of your self serve account, that normally means you used it all up for this cycle.

So, if that is the case, you need to wait to replenish your plan data on next renewal, purchase a data addon, or renew your plan early (no prorating of already paid porting though).

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Helen1975 hi has it ever worked since you joined ? what type of phone is it? try a network reset 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Helen1975   

do you ever able to use Mobile Data since joining PM?

First make sure Mobile Data is enabled
Also, make sure you didn't have any Data usage limit setup on the phone
Then next , check your APN settings.  Issue like this is usually a problem with APN settings mismatch

For Android, check: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

For iOS, make sure Carrier Profile is up-to-date

First, sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi 
Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

if it still not working, let us know.  Or post screenshots of your current APN settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.