cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send sms but can receive on IOS16 , even after networt reset

sleroy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I both have an Iphone 8 plus with IOS16 and both on public mobile.

I can send her SMS  (text/pictures) but I don't receive any of her sms for the last 2 weeks.

Searching the forum I tried to:

-reboot both iphone

-reset the network setting on both iphone

On top of that, another annoying issue is when I try to login to my public phone account on my computer, on both edge and chrome, it accept my password but get stuck with a picture of a little person holding an phone in the air. On my iphone, I managed to login as it successfully prompted me for a one time code sent by SMS.

If anyone can point me to the right direction on either of those 2 issues,  that would be great

Thanks

Stephane

5 REPLIES 5

sleroy

Thanks, that seems the best advice so I'll accept the soluton but as mentioned everything above was correct and I disabled imessages on both phone, re-enabled and have them both send imessages from the phone instead of the email, which seems to fix the issue.

sleroy

So I get my wife's text now but not the images she sends, however I have not changed anything. I disabled imessages but could not send photos anymore so re-enabled but change the send&receive settings to send it from my phone instead of my email and now I can receive photos. I am surprise why this would fix it so maybe it was more disabling and re-enabling imessages but at least it works from now. Otherwise using incognito worked but I still can't login so I'll try deleting my cache. Thanks for the sugestions.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Connect to wifi and have a look at setting, general, about for any updates on both devices. Do others receive real sms texts from her?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sleroy 

iMessage app can be tricky at times.

Make sure iMessage is turned on. Send as SMS turn on.  MMS message on. Send &Receive has both your email and phone number registered.  Data also needs to be turned on or connected to Wifi for iMessage to work properly.  

As for login from your computer, try to clear cache or private or incognito mode.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sleroy , make sure iMessage is turned off when using SMS.  As for account access, please use incognito mode on the browser.  That should help.

Need Help? Let's chat.