cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect

joehickey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

no one in my houshold can send or recieve calls there are no alerts for my area. what can I do ?

23 REPLIES 23

@joehickey 

I don't know how many rewards you may have built up but after 5 years the $15 plan costs $8 or $7 (autopay $2+$5 (max loyalty reward)=$7+$1 referral reward=$8) for the one of you that referred the other. If your phone numbers are new and you don't mind having new ones I can offer you some advice on how to maximize savings on the likely upcoming holiday promotions that can make your first year of service averaged monthly cost about $10.

There is a workaround for what still may be a temporary problem. If you get a landline (should be offered for about $5 - $10 by your internet/tv provider for bundling your services) or you could download the fongo app and choose a local phone number. Fongo works on wifi or mobile data (0.5mb=1min of calling/250mb=500min).

You call forward your pm phone numbers to your landline or your fongo number for busy/declined/unreachable. Then if someone calls you or your wife and the call can't go thru to your cell phones it will go to the number (fongo or landline)you have call forwarded it to....either your cell phone with the fongo app or a landline. Try this out with the fongo app before you get a landline and cancel your service. This way you still have the safety of having cell phone service when you are not at home or generally puttering around the yard etc....

@Nezgar explains call forwarding in the linked post. If you need help setting this up just ask and we can walk you thru the steps ( it's not hard.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Out-of-service-area-or-on-Airplane-mo...

joehickey

i wish to thank the community for their support. The problem has since resolved itself. I had a local phone expert look into it and he was unable to find the cause. my service has been restored, however it is still intermittent. Therefore, we will be cancelling the cell service and returning to a land line/homephone.

@joehickey 

Can you tell us your location? We can bring in our resident network expert @sheytoon to look into any upgrades to the network that may be affecting your calling but with the issue being isolated to inside your house you should try to eliminate what may or may not be interfering with your signal.

Have you bought or installed anything recently in your home? Any renovations? Is there construction near your home or in the surrounding area that could be blocking your signal from the tower you normally connect to? (Like a high rise that has now reached 3 or more floors in the construction phase.) Has a neighbour installed a new roof? Did you install new insulation?

You can check the signal strength in your phone and test by walking around to see which direction your signal improves or deteriorates and possibly what could be the cause.....oh we got a new microwave, fridge, furnace etc....you can do this by going to your Settings>>About phone>>SIM status>>Signal strength ? Anything around -90 is good. Above -110 is bad or below -70.

To reiterate....were you able to force your phone onto the 3G/WCDMA network? Or your wife's? Although her phone may only be a 2G/3G phone. Toggled airplane mode on/off? Do you have access to another smartphone to test both of the sim cards in at your house? (Like borrow a family member's or your neighbour's for half an hour?

Screenshot_20211113-052132~2.png

joehickey

In case anyone else sees this post. The phones in my house are fine. fifty feet from my house and all phones work as they should. it is only inside my house that the problem exists. Therefore it is not the sim card, or settings. I'm guessing there is a conflicting device within our computer network, that our phones, or some app on the phones, are locking on to, preventing them from searching for towers. Our WiFi only reaches about fifty feet from the house, so there must be a connection, pardon the pun. 

@joehickey wrote:

My phone tells me I’m not registered for that network

@joehickey 

so, even phone calls not working?

Did you login to My Account and confirm what is show as the Account Status?  Please check if it is showing Active

If it is Active, try to go back to your phone and reseat the SIM.  Power down the phone first, then take the sim out and wipe it.  Put it back after a minute and power up

You need to confirm it is NOT showing SIM not registered anymore before testing futrher.

@joehickey wrote:

There are two phones in my house. One is a Samsung flip phone, my wifes, really old but was working until a few days ago. Mine is a  Samsung GalaxyA10e

@joehickey 

For your Galaxy A10, you can check this page for the settings if it's clearer for you:

Switch between 3G/4G - Samsung Galaxy A10 - Android 9.0 - Device Guides (helpforsmartphone.com)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joehickey wrote:

no one in my household can send or receive calls there are no alerts for my area. what can I do ?

@joehickey 

Are you and your wife existing customers that service just went out all of a sudden?

OR, did you both recently activate with Public Mobile?

Some network troubleshooting below sometimes does the trick:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*manually select the 3G/WCDMA network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

@joehickey 

So when you walk a few hundred metres over does both your and your wife's phone work? Send and recieve calls? When you are at home can you still access mobile data and send and recieve texts?

@joehickey 

Hmmm...a little more digging you must be if you have gotten calls on your phone.

@joehickey

With your phone follow my instructions....it should be fairly similar to my Samsung A3 pictured.

The flip phone I will do a little digging....can you see the model #. You may have to take the battery out and look there....do not give me the IMEI number that is to be kept to yourselves for security reasons.

joehickey

My phone tells me I’m not registered for that network

joehickey

There are two phones in my house. One is a Samsung flip phone, my wifes, really old but was working until a few days ago. Mine is a  Samsung GalaxyA10e

@joehickey 

Ok let's see what I have in the vault....oops these are a little out of order but your phone should be similar.....

1. Got to your settings and tap Connections. (Bottom right photo)
  2. Choose Mobile networks. (Top left photo)
  3. Choose network mode yours lists LTE/WCDMA/GSM. (Bottom left photo)
  4. Tap the network mode and choose WCDMA only. (Top right photo)
  5. FYI...4G=LTE/3G=WCDMA/2G=GSM
  6. Data and texts work on the 4G LTE network. Calls only work on the 3G/WCDMA network (at public mobile) but data and texts will also still work on the 3G/WCDMA network. So you can safely switch to it and still be able to use all of your services.

Screenshot_20210816-171936~2.pngScreenshot_20210816-172040~2.pngScreenshot_20210816-172002~2.pngScreenshot_20210816-171910~2.png

@joehickey 

That's ok nor was I when I started here....with a flip phone. The make and model will make it easier for me to guide you thru your settings so you can change it to 3G/WCDMA network only.

@joehickey 

What is the make and model of your phone?

joehickey

OK. Im an old man, not phone savvy.

joehickey

That option is not available.

joehickey

The service is available a few hundred meters away, but not at my house. I have had this service for more than a year with no issues. Till now

@joehickey 

Are you still having the calling issue? You do have 3G its the WCDMA network.

joehickey

I do not have the option of switching to 3g.

my network is lte/wcdma/gsm

@joehickey 

If you have already checked for outages in your area then the suggestion to switch to the 3G only network on your phone(s) will likely solve this temporary issue.

All of the major mobile providers are upgrading equipment on their cell towers. As a result there are are delays switching from the 4G LTE to the 3G network for calls (pm uses the 3G network only for voice calls). When this delay is more than a second or two incoming calling will default to voicemail and outgoing calling will often fail. 

If after switching this still doesn't solve the issue then we can troubleshoot a little more to see if we can identify the issue. Otherwise this should only last a couple of weeks at the most. Periodically switch back to 4G LTE/3G/2G autoconnect setting to see if the problem persists. Once calling returns without an issue you can stay on the autoconnect setting.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@joehickey  which area you are at?  City and province?

so, you have no service at all? calls? data?

does the screen showing no network?

you try reboot the phones?

did you try to change the network to 3G only and see if it works?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joehickey 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.