cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot add addons because plan expired/insufficient fund?

japtic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

japtic_0-1638341394311.pngjaptic_1-1638341452804.png

Trying to add addons on 2 accounts atm but somehow both of accounts are suspended, when we can use it no problem. We need to add ons asap because traveling but we cant because of it. Anyone know how to fix? 

21 REPLIES 21

@esjliv 

That's what I was wondering....as far as I knew you can add it thru 611 as that system can be accessed from the US without a US roaming add on. You had probably experienced a glitch before.

And no as I have not travelled stateside in 30 years. There are way more welcoming countries I would rather spend my tourist dollars in.😁

@darlicious wrote:

@japtic 

Renewals are done.....

@esjliv 

Do you mean that they can't be added during renewal thru 611?

@darlicious 

Ever call 611 and try to add on a US Roaming ADDON before?

Well, I tried before (a few months ago) and the system just circled around and backed up to the previous menu.

I should have phrased it as "Not All Addons can be purchased through 611".....but after some testing I just did - it now works!

Hey, that's good. 🙂

@japtic 

Renewals are done.....

@esjliv 

Do you mean that they can't be added during renewal thru 611?

@darlicious wrote:

@japtic 

Still nothing....

System is working hard prepare for the holiday bonus  , no time for payment..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@japtic wrote:

japtic_0-1638341394311.pngjaptic_1-1638341452804.png

Trying to add addons on 2 accounts atm but somehow both of accounts are suspended, when we can use it no problem. We need to add ons asap because traveling but we cant because of it. Anyone know how to fix? 

@japtic  - that is definitely flaw. Not good if the self-managed account we all need to manage it disallows something during renewal.

If would be nice if calling 611 you could add this addon...one day 🤞EDIT: I take this back! 

IT should not have to come to this, but if still issues, ask CSA to add it for you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@japtic 

Still nothing....

@japtic 

Let's hope....6am eastern but the system hasn't taken payments yet. Until it does that you won't be able do anything within your account.

japtic

6am got it thank you

japtic

well that is data/internet app isnt it?, no addons = no apps either

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@japtic 

I have a referral' s account going thru renewal that has a balance so I will know when the payment is taken (approximately) and how long the renewal will be delayed to give you a time you can try to complete the add on purchases you need to make. The payment has not been taken yet so they are currently running 1 hour and 15 minutes late.

Edit:

3 hours and still no payment taken I'm afraid.....

@japtic 

Renewals if they are running on time will have your account return to active status at 6am eastern. You can add funds and purchase the US roaming add ons at that point in time. If you know your 4 digit account pin # you can also do it thru 611 on your phone or by dialing 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number to access the IVR system.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

@japtic use VoIP app  TextNow,  free calls to US and md Canada.  Save you some money plus best workaround at this exact moment

Agreed, that's the easiest workaround to avoid the stress of the moment and keep in touch.

@japtic use VoIP app  TextNow,  free calls to US and Canada.  Save you some money plus best workaround at this exact moment

japtic

calls in state

XionBunny

@japtic wrote:

ty for all ur replies.

it seems like they been having this issue for years. why arent they fixing this?

No one knows, and you just have to wait it out sadly (it's one of public mobiles many quirks that haven't been solved), it takes up to a day on average.

@japtic which addon you are trying to buy? Your are on new cycle now and should have new data now.  or you are buying Long Distance call addon?

japtic

ty for all ur replies.

it seems like they been having this issue for years. why arent they fixing this?

japtic

we dont have time to wait much that is the problem we been stuck for awhile we waited but if its not fixed by early tmr morning we are goign to have issue 😞

japtic

that is the problem. there is nothing to pay

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It is renewal day today? If so, this is just 

renewal night troubles.  Wait till the later this morning and you should be good to proceed.

XionBunny

You'll most likely have to wait till your renewal has been completed, even though it has automatically, once your accounts reflect that you should be able to proceed as per normal. Public mobile's renewal system is slow and glitchy, sadly.

Need Help? Let's chat.