cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel

fed_up59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to cancel my account for over a month. The chatbot says to go to unsubscribe but there is no unsubcribe as it says I am not subscribed and I have not credit card registered.  By I keep getting charged each month.  This is such a scam.

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 

Thanks, got it!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@computergeek541 

Hmmm, I thought it was resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t... 

I'm not speaking of the inability to update credit cards. I'm speaking of the issue with credit cards vanishing from the account when the customer didn't remove it.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@fed_up59 

If you don’t have a registered CC on file, how did you activate your SIM? Also, if no CC on file, you can’t be charged.

There's a new bug going on in the Public Mobile systems that causes some the credit card information for some accounts to vanish. That casues it to say that there's no registered credit card even though there is.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fed_up59 

If you don’t have a registered CC on file, how did you activate your SIM? Also, if no CC on file, you can’t be charged.

fed_up59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have autopay and their has been no way to cancel and they keep charging me

@fed_up59 wrote:

I have been trying to cancel my account for over a month. The chatbot says to go to unsubscribe but there is no unsubcribe as it says I am not subscribed and I have not credit card registered.  By I keep getting charged each month.  This is such a scam.

In Public Mobile terms, subription only refers to having autopay enabled. The idea of disabling autopay means that a Public Mobiel account that hasn't had enough funds added to renew will go into suspension. After 90 days of suspension, a Public Mobile account closes.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fed_up59 : Chat bot is unfortunately broken. Please send a direct message to the service agent at, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. Explain them the problem and they will be able to help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.