cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't update my credit card info to reactivate plan

williamgallego4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent,

Earlier today I got a text from Public Movile saying my plan did not renew because public mobile did not receive my payment.  Checking with my credit card company, everything is okay with it, its only that my credit card info wasn't updated on public mobile.  My card's expiry date was changed (same number), but the expiry date was never changed on public mobile.  I tried updating the expiry date/credit card info on the site multiple times, but it keeps coming up with the following error:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

8 REPLIES 8

williamgallego4

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let people know that I got my issue fixed!  I contacted the moderator team privately, and got my credit card info fixed up, so all good now. Thank you everyone for your help!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Lots of report from subscribers failed to update credit card expiry date.  Instead of doing an edit, subscribers should delete the existing credit card entry and add credit card again.  I have not tried this approach.  But it is worth a try.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@williamgallego4the quickest way is as mentioned buy a voucher from recharge.com and then activate.

deal with the credit card issue once your phone is working.

dont forget the lost stolen trick if the line does not activate once you topup

@williamgallego4

The public mobile website is finicky.  You might need to try a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  With the address, make sure that it is exactly the same as the credit card address.  Leave apartment number section blank.  The update to credit card information should be quick.  

Jmelanio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your welcome hope it works out.  I also made a change with my plan expecting it to change right away but it took a day to change.

williamgallego4

it's been less than a day, i'll wait then.  Thank you for responding!

Jmelanio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long ago did you change your credit card information?  sometimes it takes 72 hrs to update.  If you just changed it try to check 24-72 hours  to see if its been updated.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@williamgallego4 wrote:

@CS_Agent,

Earlier today I got a text from Public Movile saying my plan did not renew because public mobile did not receive my payment.  Checking with my credit card company, everything is okay with it, its only that my credit card info wasn't updated on public mobile.  My card's expiry date was changed (same number), but the expiry date was never changed on public mobile.  I tried updating the expiry date/credit card info on the site multiple times, but it keeps coming up with the following error:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

For immediate service you can purchase a voucher from recharge.com then if you are sure there is an issue that is not from incorrect info (tried removing apartment number / drop last digit of postal code, etc) Then you will need to have moderator team look into this. Click this to send them a message. But be warned response time is slow. At least the voucher will get you going right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.