cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not log into account

realchopintzc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seems like a deadlock, resetting password then requiring another round of resetting password. Tried to connect to a real agent or submit a ticket, but the chatbot always route me to the login. 

I'm posting for my wife's account BTW.

14 REPLIES 14

@TwoWheelz41 wrote:

I have used app online etc etc and all I get when I try to log into app or web page is unauthorized and a blank page.   Really getting on me last nerve!!!

The Self Serve systems are often taken down overnight., but I do see this type of thing with blank pages and strange error messages after logging in.  Some of the time, these can be fixed by force closing the app before attempting again. Otherwise, the selfserve.publicmobile.ca website could be used.

TwoWheelz41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have used app online etc etc and all I get when I try to log into app or web page is unauthorized and a blank page.   Really getting on me last nerve!!!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@realchopintzc 

Since you have reset the password you should be able to trigger the 2FA code email option immediately after getting past the login page error message issue....that is if you need that option because the phone or Sim card is inaccessible or is not recieving the 2FA code. Here are the instructions if this is the case.....otherwise only the instructions in my previous reply apply.

Clear browser cache.

Enter email.

Choose "forgot password".

Reset password.

Enter email and new password.

2FA code is sent to phone #.

Immediately enter 4 "wrong" 6 digit codes.

This should trigger the email option for the 2FA code to be sent to your email. To trigger the email option after this login you may need to repeat the procedure but you should be able to skip resetting the password and just enter the wrong 6 digit 2FA code 4 times in quick succession when eversafe sends out the initial text code to your phone #. Good Luck.

realchopintzc

@maximum_gato Thanks! I don't think she has eversafe setup yet.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@realchopintzc 

Been there done that. Now you are locked out for 24 hours. I'm assuming you have already set up the eversafe ID? If not I have extra steps for you. This is a severe caching issue and the fact we are basically beta testing guinea pigs for telus's eversafe business venture.

Did this start with a simple typo when logging in? In my experience when logging in...

• When typing in your email you can click on the whole email address if it appears on the top bar of your keyboard. This is best to avoid typos.
  • You must type in your password. I suggest you use "see" your password icon so that you do not make a typo in the password.
  • If you make a typo you must at the very least clear the entire line and retype the login credentials. This may or may not still return the email/password does not match error message.
  • I now just immediately clear all credential info entered, close the window/tab on the browser, clear the browser cache, close the browser, reopen browser and open a new window/tab and will often also use secret/incognito/private tab to start the login process over.

Wait 24 hours or if customer support removes the lock out start over with a clear browser and reboot your device. Use secret/incognito mode and use the last password you changed successfully. Use the forgot password  as a last ditch effort if all else fails and try to only use it once or you may trigger the lock out after 2 resets. Put all of your effort into a typo free login.

Report back your results....good or bad? Good Luck!🤞

realchopintzc

Right, I feel it's correlated with the transition to EverSafe that became unsuccessful in her case.

Hi @realchopintzc 

if you have not login since EverSafe login system were used, it could be a problem from the upgrade.  But agent would be able to sort this out, so, just check their reply on Community inbox

realchopintzc

Everything works fine, just can't log in to account which is useful when she wants to buy add on or change plan

realchopintzc

Tried Android app as well, the same issue, "User locked out"

realchopintzc

Thanks send PM already!

realchopintzc

It's > 4 years account and recently had this login issue. Thanks send PM already

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @realchopintzc 

The one thing I have found with the Public Mobile website is it seems to create cache issues when issues occur. Try this. Go to your browser settings and clear your cache, history and cookies. Then close the browser. Re open it and try to log in again. You can try resetting the password again. 

Or the other option, have to tried to log into your account via the app? Android app or iPhone app?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@realchopintzc 

yes, submit ticket with chatbot is not working well

Please submit ticket by direct message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.