cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not dial out

alexandra1940
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not dial out 416 area code even I live in the same area. I can receive phone calls, but can not call my next door neighbour, because it says: this is the long distance call

5 REPLIES 5

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@alexandra1940 wrote:

I can not dial out 416 area code even I live in the same area. I can receive phone calls, but can not call my next door neighbour, because it says: this is the long distance call

Hi @alexandra1940 are you a new customer?  Did you just transfer your number from another provider?  Perhaps there is a glitch in porting your number.  If so follow @computergeek541 's instruction above to get in touch with a moderator.  It may take up to 48 hours (hopefully less) to hear back from the moderators.

In the meantime, delete your browsing data, cache and cookies.  Then turn your phone off and on again.  You can also try using a different browser and incognito mode.  This is not a cure all solution but you might find it useful... and maybe helpful too.  Good luck and stay safe!

@RossN wrote:

@alexandra1940 wrote:

@alexandra1940 hi are you on the limited minutes plan? sounds like you are out of minutes there is a 5 dollar 500 minute add on available 

Being out of minutes wouldn't cause someone to hear a message saying that a call is long distance when it isn't.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@alexandra1940 If you ignore the message, do your calls connect?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alexandra1940 wrote:

@alexandra1940 hi are you on the limited minutes plan? sounds like you are out of minutes there is a 5 dollar 500 minute add on available 

@alexandra1940 wrote:

You're in Toronto when trying to make this call?  If so, that's not supposed to happen.  You're not supposed to have to buy try dialing a 1 before the area code to see if the outgoing call works. If not, your account has an issue and you'll need to open a ticket with the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.