cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i freeze my account if out of country?

shixiao2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm going out of country for 2 month. Can I freeze my account or do anything to my account because I'm not going to use my plan out of country.
4 REPLIES 4

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Too bad if you just renewed your plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As mentioned above just let your plan expire (ie remove your  creditcard and auto pay).  and when returning make a one time payment.

if you want to renew  on a different plan futuredate the plan change because you will only be able to renew the current plan.  plan modifcatons  on suspended accounts can only be made with mod assistence.

Great information mariehelene
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @shixiao2

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'll be glad to answer your questions regarding your account state.

It is not possible to manually suspend or 'freeze' your account, but the easiest way to cancel your services would be to simply stop adding money to your account. If there's no money in your account, your plan will not be able to renew therefore your services will not be usable!

Please make sure you are not on autopay, otherwise the system will automatically take the necessary amount to renew your plan from your credit card  Smiley Happy 

Also important to note that if you don't renew your plan for a period of over 90 days, your account and SIM card will automatically get deactivated and you will lose your phone number.

Enjoy your travels!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.