cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Telus stun my SIM card & block payments & attempt to force me into a higher plan like they have

shaaron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can Telus stun my SIM card & block payments & attempt to force me into a higher plan like they have in the past?

Do I have consumer protections?

9 REPLIES 9

@shaaron if you are unable to log into your account contact the moderators by clicking on the question mark. 

Type that you can not get into your account----> Then contact us. Then open a ticket. 

They abould be able to get your account up and going again. 

Is your service interrupted? 

Has it been more then 90 days since your last payment ?  After 90 days your account gets deacitvated.  If not, try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

shaaron

I now can't log into my account

@shaaron wrote:

I have already filed a complaint, that is why I am worried about retaliation. What consumer protections do I have here on PM ?

@shaaron  Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service, no contracts, no credit checks and no commitments. You prepay for your next 30 days and that's it. Public will never force into anything. If you don't like the service than just don't renew your plan. You account will go into a 90 day suspension and then it will close if you decide not to renew your plan again.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why Telus, rather than PM?

Any carrier may raise it's prices as long as adequate notice, as noted in it's terms and conditions, are met. I think at PM, that is 30 days, though PM has often, even when not required to, maintained current customers at their current price after prices to new customers increase. 

shaaron

I have already filed a complaint, that is why I am worried about retaliation. What consumer protections do I have here on PM ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shaaron I hope you reported tjem to the CRTC. That wouldn't happen Here. However, the system is buggy enough that they can appear to do so. Without trying.  If it seems like it's happening to you please come here first for help. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shaaron wrote:

can Telus stun my SIM card & block payments & attempt to force me into a higher plan like they have in the past?

Do I have consumer protections?

I have never experienced that, especially here my plan cost actually goes down each year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.