cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I pay manually instead of prepay?

sanchejp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking to purchase a plan with publicmobile, but I want to pay myself every month rather than autopay. Is that an option? don't see that written anywhere.

17 REPLIES 17

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you can just do a one time manual credit card payment without adding your credit card for autopay. This will add the funds to your account so that it pays your service for the next 30 days. 

Also you can go buy a payment voucher at Walmart, i've seen them in $23,43 and 60 denominations. 

@Triguy  Ok, but even there, you don't add the taxes - you add enough funds to pay for the plan, and your credit card is charged the funds, plus the tax.

@CannonFodder I meant a manual payment in self serve account.

@Triguy wrote:

You can pay by purchasing a voucher and call 611.  Also you can pay using recharge.com or ding.  You can also make manual top up payment.  Make sure to include sales tax.

That will be taken care of when buying a top-up, i.e. if you buy a voucher somewhere, and ask for, say, a $25 voucher, the retailer selling that voucher will charge the tax..... it's not like you need to buy a voucher with a denomination of $25 plus whatever tax your region charges.

You can pay by purchasing a voucher and call 611.  Also you can pay using recharge.com or ding.  You can also make manual top up payment.  Make sure to include sales tax.

And the title of the thread is a wee bit off too, since you have to "prepay" for any service here, i.e. if you don't prepay, you don't get service..... obviously, should have asked, "can I pay manually, instead of autopay?"

@Esayas12 wrote:

Can i pay manually instead of prepay

You must make sure there's $$ in Available Funds to cover your next renewal. You can get a payment voucher at Shell Gas or London Drugs or many other retail locations...just make sure the voucher is "activated" right away as not all are. Call 611 to add payment voucher to your account, anytime prior to renewal time

If you have a valid cc on file, you can enable autopay to save $2 per renewal..even if you manually pay. It's like a free $2 !!

@Esayas12 wrote:

Please read the comments in the post above.

Esayas12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have a card on my account for the $2 off but I pay with a voucher. I've gotten them from Canadian tire, London drugs and shoppers. London drugs has $10 ones. The other stores usually only have $20 and $40 ones.

@sanchejp 

If you can't get to a store to buy a voucher, you can also purchase a voucher online.  A few different websites.  Recharge.com is one vendor, but charges a service fee.  Then you can load the voucher either via your self service account or dealing 611 from your phone.  

One suggestion is to try to load the funds manually a couple of days beforehand.  Sometimes, there are issues with vouchers or even paying via credit card online that takes time to sort out. You don't want your service disrupted because of technical issues with payment.  

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sanchejp the vouchers are sold many places, Wal-Mart, gas stations, convenience stores. Once you buy the voucher, call 611 and enter the code. You can do this manually every month. 

Auto-pay is a good feature if you're interested in saving a couple bucks! 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@sanchejp, I do this all the time. Instead of paying by credit card, I add the funds manually into my account. I still do the 'AutoPay' because it is the easiest money I save at $2 a month. 

How Do You Do It?

1. In your self-serve, I click on 'Make a Payment'
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.52.53 AM.png

2. A new page will pop open on how manage your payment:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.54.49 AM.png
  3. Click on Select Amount,
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.54.55 AM.png
  4. Enter 'the Amount that you want...Other'
  5. Click on Submit
  6. What this does, it adds the funds into a Public Mobile account, and when it comes to renewal, it will automatically come on your renewal day. 

I guess this is one way to do make your own pre-payment scheduled to be paid at the end or beginning of each month. Or bi-weekly. I do this method just in case self-serve goes down for maintenance or has server issues in general. Which, I don't want to have.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Yes. 

Here is is what I do. Set up auto pay with a credit card. That will get you $2 off per billing period. 

Then top up your account in advance of your next billing using your credit card on file. 

So if your plan is $50 then you will top up by $50 plus taxes. 

Also keep in mind, to add an add-on top up your account first then buy the add-on. 

Do the top up, hit enter to see total charge plus taxes before you submit and do a screen print as a receipt to pay. Then submit the payment entry. .

If you have a balance from rewards etc your next billing will take funds from your balance first then from your auto pay set up. But if you do it right....auto-pay won’t kick in. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi you can always buy vouchers at walmart or many other stores in  Canada and then pay manually 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sanchejp wrote:

I am looking to purchase a plan with publicmobile, but I want to pay myself every month rather than autopay. Is that an option? don't see that written anywhere.

Yes you can add vouchers every month or however often you would like.  It is still recommended to register a credit card for autopay to earn that $2 off every 30 days.  As long as you have funds sitting in Available Funds your credit card will never be charged.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.