cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls and data not working

nanniemclean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I even went out and bought a new phone but I see I am not the only one.  What is going on?

25 REPLIES 25

@hTideGnow wrote:

@nanniemclean  Can I confirm  you are now able to make calls, receive calls?  the only problem you have now is other cannot hear you?

Can you try to use a headphone or Bluetooth headphone?  just want to make sure it is not your speaker problem.

If nobody can hear him, he can try to record something through 'voice recorder' app. Maybe his phone is on mute???

I am not sure if phone uses same hardware as speaker/microphone but it should be easy to confirm that piece of hardware is working properly listening to some music or recording something.

If everything works then it could be some disconnect between phone app and hardware.

@nanniemclean 

Not sure whether you answered this question:

did you try your SIM card in another working phone?  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Public mobile actually prefers that you submit service ticket for customer service agent help (CSA). 

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: technical problems.  Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

CSA will ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

@nanniemclean  Can I confirm  you are now able to make calls, receive calls?  the only problem you have now is other cannot hear you?

Can you try to use a headphone or Bluetooth headphone?  just want to make sure it is not your speaker problem.

Also, you tried making calls from different places and got the same voice issues? Just want to make sure it is location specific or not 

@nanniemclean wrote:

I tried all thesolutions that you suggested.  Now when I make calls, sometimes I can hear the person speak but they cannot hear me. What the heck is going on.  Really need help.  You really need to have customer service you can talk to.

If you think you have tried all our suggestions to no avail, you could open a ticket with CS:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

If there is a SIM provisioning issue, only they can help.

nanniemclean

I tried all thesolutions that you suggested.  Now when I make calls, sometimes I can hear the person speak but they cannot hear me. What the heck is going on.  Really need help.  You really need to have customer service you can talk to.

@nanniemclean wrote:

I did do your suggestion of putting my phone on 3G and rebooted. 

I believe the system issue PM had over the weekend is resolved (At least no one post about the issue).  Try to switch back your network to Automatic.

Also, you said you live in Sydney, NS?  you live close to Downtown area?  Sydney should have decent coverage if you are around downtown.  Of course, if you live far away, then depends how far away as there are less cellular towers as you move away from Sydney downtown

@nanniemclean wrote:

My phone is saying VPM none.  Is that something that should be addressed?

is it VPM none? or VPN none?

where you see VPM none

For your phone voice issue.  Try this

1. use a wired headset and see if issue persists

2. you can do the same test with bluetooth headset as well

3.  Or use speakphone.

all these is to confirm it's not the microphone issue on the phone

Of course, you can also try to put your SIM on another phone.

@nanniemclean wrote:

Did you get my message about calling people and I can hear them and they can't hear me.

Could be a hardware issue. Have you tried your SIM in another phone?

Or at least reinstall the card.

nanniemclean

Did you get my message about calling people and I can hear them and they can't hear me.

nanniemclean

My phone is saying VPM none.  Is that something that should be addressed?

nanniemclean

Sorry, I live in Sydney Nova Scotia Canada

nanniemclean

I did do your suggestion of putting my phone on 3G and rebooted.  Another issue I have been running into is that I call someone and I can hear them but they cannot hear me.  I hang up and redial and it goes through properly.

I give it a day or so to see if changing to 3G is working and let you know.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nanniemclean wrote:

I have done that because it is important to receive call.  I am disabled and need the phone. As there is a lot of people saying the same thing, I would assume it is the Network.

@nanniemclean 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not working can you try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

and if still not fix it you Have To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@nanniemclean wrote:

Yes in the same situation.  I have been with Public Mobile for a long time.

@nanniemclean 

So, you tried the SIM card in another phone?  And the other phone has the same issue? ie. not working?

As mentioned above, a few basic trouble shooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

Remove SIM card and re-insert and reboot phone. 

It still may be a network issue.  Where do you live?  

@nanniemclean wrote:

Actually nothing working.  Like I was disconnected.  In fact when I first looked my phone did say disconnected and then after a little while it said I was ok.  

Let me try to get this straight:

Have you tried ANY of the tips in my first post, i.e.

Try to put your phone on 3G mode to see if it helps.

You can also try:

-Reset Network settings
-Update Messaging/Google apps
-Reseat SIM card
-Try SIM card in another unlocked phone.

nanniemclean

I have done that because it is important to receive call.  I am disabled and need the phone. As there is a lot of people saying the same thing, I would assume it is the Network.

nanniemclean

Yes in the same situation.  I have been with Public Mobile for a long time.

@nanniemclean 

I have removed the solution since we have not solve your issue yet  😀

Do you have another working phone available?  Try putting the SIM card in that working phone.  That will help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

nanniemclean

Actually nothing working.  Like I was disconnected.  In fact when I first looked my phone did say disconnected and then after a little while it said I was ok.  

@nanniemclean 

Are you able to call out or text to others?  What about data?

@nanniemclean wrote:

yes I am.  I wasn't receivng calls or being able to call and no texts were coming in.

Could you explain what you did to SOLVE your problem? That would help other users.

nanniemclean

yes I am.  I wasn't receivng calls or being able to call and no texts were coming in.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nanniemclean 

There have been issues the last several days with some customers unable to receive calls or texts.  They were able to use data and usually call out/text out.  

Are you in a similar situation?  

What are some of your details?  ie. new customer versus old,

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@nanniemclean wrote:

I even went out and bought a new phone but I see I am not the only one.  What is going on?

There are some issues with the network. 

Try to put your phone on 3G mode to see if it helps.

You can also try:

-Reset Network settings
-Update Messaging/Google apps
-Reseat SIM card
-Try SIM card in another unlocked phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.