cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus data priority

farzad1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have one time bonus data (no expiry date) and recently received 5GB bonus data with 150 days expiration time. Now. I'm wondering if I can use the 5GB data before my previous 2GB bonus data or not?

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

farzad1

Thank you fixin, I hope this is true.

farzad1

Hi Hairbag,

well, this is a good news! I hope this is true, otherwise the 5GB bonus data is somehow useless or forces us to use other bonuses.

Thank you.

farzad1

Hi Grinch,

yes, mine is the same too. But still don't know which one will be used first.

Thank you anyway.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

lol…..I got my data x 3 as well. 
Notice anything different?. 
IMG_0263.jpegIMG_0262.jpegIMG_0261.jpeg

Typical  Public Mobile inconsistent web site management. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

I asked Customer Support that very question...their reply was that the new 150 day Bonus data gets used as soon as your regular plan data is exhausted.  That saves your previously saved data for use later on.

@Chalupa_Batman Sorry I'm not following. It doesn't make any logical sense to want to use a bonus data allotment that is valid for 150 days over the base plan data that will reset to zero after the 30 day cycle is over. Sorry if I'm missing something though.

The question has been whether the 150 day bonus will be prioritized over older/non-expiring data add-on's (such as holiday bonuses); and we now have confirmation that it will be (which is great!).

Well @DennyCrane , the three Amigo's below seem to think so. 🙂 

And if what your saying is correct, what's the point of this so called loyalty bonus data if your not using it?

@Chalupa_Batman Of course it's going to use the plan data bucket first, which is what the previous posts said. Are you expecting the 240GB to be used before your plan data?

@Chalupa_Batman 

I can confirm that mine is being consumed ...watched some Canucks and Oilers hockey yesterday on data...

datta.png

added...my 250mbs of data on the $15 plan has been exhausted, so now the 150 day Bonus gets used rather than past saved data from previous data give-aways.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @hairbag1 @Yummy @fixin 

I'm not sure this is correct. I think we'd need an Oracle to reach out to their connections to confirm this. This is just my opinion and the screenshot below. 

At this time I do not believe the "Bonus Data" that we've all been given by Public Mobile takes effect just yet. I THINK it starts being used some time in May. Take a look at this.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1710693112912.png

I have the 50GB plan. I have been given the 240GB data already. Here's the messed up part. Looking at my account, it has been using my plan data and not this bonus data. And if you look at this screenshot, this "Loyalty Bonus 240GB" hasn't been touched and I've lost 10 days. 

Chalupa_Batman_1-1710693223385.png

Ummmm....  ya.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@farzad1 

I asked Customer Support that very question...their reply was that the new 150 day Bonus data gets used as soon as your regular plan data is exhausted.  That saves your previously saved data for use later on.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes loyalty data bonus will be used first then your holiday bonuses

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@farzad1 - The Rewards 5GB data bonus will take place first before any other bonus data that has no expiry.

Closer to expiry date = Used First.

Need Help? Let's chat.