cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue tooth in my vehicle won't connect to public mobile

lovepainting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an i-phone five and am trying to connect it to my new car . I have downloaded all contacts and tried to call someone and it told me that it would not connect as no connection to public mobile. What do I do now?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@srlawren Good idea but seems a no go based on the following from Fongo:

Note: Apple restricts some functions from being accessed by third party applications like Fongo.  

These Apple limitations translate to the following behaviour when using bluetooth:

1. Voice commands are not supported via the in-car voice system; you must dial and answer calls from the Fongo app on the iPhone

@Luddite "Apple knows best...."  (...he said sarcastically!)  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Good idea but seems a no go based on the following from Fongo:

Note: Apple restricts some functions from being accessed by third party applications like Fongo.  

These Apple limitations translate to the following behaviour when using bluetooth:

1. Voice commands are not supported via the in-car voice system; you must dial and answer calls from the Fongo app on the iPhone

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It might be that you have to set Fongo as your default dailer for Bluetooth somehow on your iPhone?  (Sorry I'm an Android guy, so don't know how that would be done in iOS.)  Also I believe there are some Bluetooth-related settings in Fongo itself--maybe have a look there too?  Wish I could be more help, but I'm neither an iPhone or Fongo person (use Fongo occasionally while roaming in US but that's all).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sad to say dhanadhan is correct. Smiley Frustrated

I just went out to my car and tried Fongo. When the phone was paired via bluetooth I could talk hands free BUT the calls had to be made and connected with the handset.

Using the USB connection provided slow charging but would not play phone calls through the car speakers. It only would play music.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@lovepainting wrote:

woops, forgot to tell you I have a data plan only and use Fongo . Does this make a difference?

Well than that might not be possible to dial from your vehicle since Fongo is a 3rd party app. You probably will have to dial using your phone than may be talk using car bluetooth feature. 

lovepainting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

woops, forgot to tell you I have a data plan only and use Fongo . Does this make a difference?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

The sim and the service is in your phone not in your vehicle.

I haven't use bluetooth in vehicles but i know that it connects to your phone not directly with provider. 

Need Help? Let's chat.