cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked phone

EdithDingal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In June, I was double charged and have requested a refund, I may have missed a message from customer service if they responded but this is causing me so many problems at the moment. I was told about a "chargeback" because I requested a refund in June because of the double charge, but I continued my service and topped up in July. Now, this August, due to a financial problem, I was delayed for a few days in topping up my account. public mobile blocked my phone- not my number but my phone, telling me because of the "chargeback" which I am willing to pay as an extra now because I never got a refund. an agent asked me all of my private information to which I answered all, except the exact date in July when I purchased my last top up, I used a prepaid credit card so I can't track it, my PM account was restricted so I can't even open to get the exact date, meaning, the agent is ok for this phone to go to waste just because of the date, and the phone was bought directly from Apple, not from PM. The agent was refusing to help me further without an exact date, which is confusing. I topped up on June 20, so most likely I topped up again between July 20-22, but he is ignoring that. 

additional input: I have found the proof of purchase in July and have provided it, let's see if we can solve this issue, that was the only problem earlier why we can't move forward

20 REPLIES 20

EdithDingal

thank you, I am just waiting for the agent to reply back as I have provided the last missing piece they are asking me from

I've never heard of them blocking phone imei's. That's new. If you did not instigate the chargeback then something else is wrong and whatever agent is misleading you or has gone ahead unjustifiably blocking you for no apparent reason supposedly in anticipation of you doing a chargeback. This is seriously bad form and continues to make me seriously question the function of the agents.

Escalate.

@J_PM 

EdithDingal

I did not call the bank

EdithDingal

To answer one of your questions, while I was in the Apple store, they did try another sim from another carrier, but it is not working. 

Timing. Again, did you call the bank and request they do a chargeback on that transaction? That's the only way a chargeback would happen.

@EdithDingal please check yourself to confirm. The blacklist could have changed after awhile 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

EdithDingal

I requested a refund since I was charged twice for a PM top-up purchased, although I was never refunded.

That was in June, and then I continued topping up again in July

So did they get service with another sim? Do you have any friends or family that you can try their sim in your phone?

So I'm confused. Did you ask your bank to do a chargeback for the June charge and did they do it? Public doesn't do the chargeback, the bank does.

EdithDingal

The apple check it and it was true

hi @EdithDingal 

so, you checked Devicecheck for blacklisted chexk and confirm it is blocked there too??

EdithDingal

I went to the Apple store, and they tried another sim to see if the problem was the phone, but then, after that, PM agent confirmed that they blocked my phone. I agree with you, I wonder why there was a chargeback held in my account when I was not even refunded and worse blocked my phone for a chargeback that was not even happening in the first place.

This is sounding like a new policy. It had previously been just needing to use vouchers for a while. For them to go all the way to blocking the IMEI is new.
Were you able to try another sim in the phone?

If they could jolly well fix their crappy payment system then none of this would happen (other than if chargebacks were done for other reasons).

EdithDingal

Yes, I also told them that. but they said because I requested a refund, that's when the chargeback issue started, but I never got a refund, I was told an agent messaged me about it, I must have missed it but I did not get a refund. So the chargeback is not definitely an extra payment so my phone can be use again

@EdithDingal  as other have said the chargeback is the issue . Best of luck 

EdithDingal

Unfortunately, the only thing I was told, they couldn't verify my account without the exact date of my last purchase, which I already provided after I posted this feedback. I hope a senior manager can help me better, let's see how it goes since I already provided the exact date of the last top-up. 

EdithDingal

no, they blocked my phone using my phone EMEI, I can't use a card now to top up my account, it has to be a voucher bought from a store. yes, if I pay the chargeback, they will unblock my phone, as per the previous agent. I have provided the "exact date" the agent was asking me from that kept us moving forward to this issue, let's see if this resolves this

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Well this sounds new. Previously with chargebacks the customer would have to run a year using vouchers. You can't access the account either iirc. I've never heard of the phone being blocked. I kind of doubt it. Can you put another sim in the phone? Maybe even from Public?

Are you saying an agent had suggested you do the chargeback back then to "fix" the problem? If so then this problem is all on them.

Adding - you could also use muskbird.com to deposit money directly into your account rather than vouchers using their RTR option. They also sell vouchers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @EdithDingal 

who suggested you Chargeback?  it is a No-No here.  Your account will get locked immediately

you will have to work with agent and use vouchers for sometime.  Please submit ticket with agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@EdithDingal  I’d submit another ticket and ask for it to be escalated to senior management 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.