cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill statement

evabidgoalie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I download the monthly bill in a PDF format? 

I need to submit it to our finance department so they can compensate me for that bill, it seems like there's no such thing on the website. 

15 REPLIES 15

And how sure would you be that IT is in Canada and has not been contracted out in Canada or outsourced offshore to reduce expenses? My opinion is, once you contact IT out, things go down hill. Contract will be  attractive then the abnormal  fixes need to be fixed, it winds up costing more than what the more efficient “in house” IT was doing. 

@CountyDownIeUk i have a feeling PM used contractors and they are all gone at the end of the project   Maybe just one or two full time left (or they borrow that 1 or 2 bodies from TELUS occasionally) to fix all the bugs. That's why it take forever to fix something here 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

I worked for a major retailer with "in house" IT. This kind of stuff happened rarely as it was tested before it was rolled out. And if there was a problem....it was fixed immediately. 

I still say that PM is using the Telus Prepaid software and let it loose to a very poor IT team to become the worst bastardized system that I have ever seen. 

Then you were with one of the 'good/smart' companies @CountyDownIeUk . 😃

I'll tell ya, not all companies will test nearly enough before it gets to the customer-base in many cases. It's too bad actually. Perhaps upper management pushing to 'just get it done'; but sloppily. 

@esjliv 

I worked for a major retailer with "in house" IT. This kind of stuff happened rarely as it was tested before it was rolled out. And if there was a problem....it was fixed immediately. 

I still say that PM is using the Telus Prepaid software and let it loose to a very poor IT team to become the worst bastardized system that I have ever seen. 

@darlicious   I agree with your point about the lack of reference for customers to learn about this option (and other things, I'm sure) in the help articles, however, my critique was more directed as to why PM has omitted to make this function possible for customers to download and print off anytime they login to their account and not just when making a manual payment/top up.  

Because of this omission, it leaves little choice for anyone responding to those customers posting asking about an official bill, that they must contact support which could easily be avoided if PM facilitated this in the account and we could happily explain instead that the customer can login and get their official invoice themselves.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

OMG and I use that download 3 different times a month. Why does stuff that works get broken here sooooo much!!!!

I know eh @CountyDownIeUk . One thing gets done and affects something else. Same with many types of businesses unfortunately.

Hopefully, it will be fixed in 3-5 days. 🤞

@esjliv 

OMG and I use that download 3 different times a month. Why does stuff that works get broken here sooooo much!!!!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Take a look at downloading your actual 30 days of transactions. It is in PDF format but does not show taxes or a total. 

@CountyDownIeUk this feature is not currently working. I've submitted a ticket to let CSA know and they acknowledged and tested it as well; then moved it to the appropropriate department for correction.

edit, typo

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Part of the problem is there is no help article reference for customers to learn about this option and if the question is put in the search bar 99% of the solutions tell them to contact customer support.

Everytime "contact customer support" is chosen as the solution whether by the OP or an oracle when the explanation or answer to the question is in the thread (which may or may not require the assistance of a CSA who may or may not know the answer) it reinforces the habit of a customer to not seek help or a solution from the community but rather just contact customer support.

In turn a growing number of community members default to telling a customer to contact customer support rather than make the effort to work with the customer to figure out the answer themselves setting an example to new members to just copy and paste the same old answer which achieves the solution they seek for their presence here....another solution.

Shoot first and ask questions later or just shoot and move on to the next target. As long as you get the victory under your belt that's all that matters for some?

It's another one of those odd decision by PM to allow customers who are making a manual payment to download a proper PDF invoice (which inc. tx paid)  for just that period but not if the account is paid via pre-authorized payments or even a little later if you don't download the PDF file straight away after topping up.   After all, doesn't it just create more unnecessary work for CSA's when customers have to submit tickets/messages and request a copy of their invoice be sent to them?  Seems counter productive IMO...

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Clicking that link doesn’t let you download a proper bill.  It just downloads your history for the period, which is what is already displayed on the screen.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Take a look at downloading your actual 30 days of transactions. It is in PDF format but does not show taxes or a total. 

@poutinecity wrote:

You can’t download your bill, but you can request it manually by contacting customer service.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@evabidgoalie - you are supposed to be able to download your pdf statement @poutinecity 

Under the Payment TAB in your My Account there is a 'download' option to select (red arrow pointing to it below).

Funny enough though, right now, it is not functional for me, within the different browsers I have just tried. 

Hopefully, public fixes this soon. 😑

esjliv_0-1674137493699.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@evabidgoalie 

If you will be regularily submitting your phone bill for reimbursement  I suggest going forward you manually top up your account your monthly plan amount just before renewal. When you do this you will be offered the opportunity to download your reciept/invoice. This is the only time you will be offered an invoice but it will contain all of the necessary info needed for your finance department.  Here's an example of what it will look like....

It will include your name, address, phone number and account #.It will include your name, address, phone number and account #.

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can’t download your bill, but you can request it manually by contacting customer service.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.