cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank payee

Bigmac24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do i pay telus in bank payees no public mobile 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

 @Bigmac24 : No. Public Mobile does not support that method of paying. Not that it's a part of Telus. I once tried paying through Koodo using my account #. It disappeared. Someone enjoyed free money.

 

Edit: for the following post...Visa Debit or some Mastercard Debit. Not just a plain old debit card.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

 @Bigmac24 : No. Public Mobile does not support that method of paying. Not that it's a part of Telus. I once tried paying through Koodo using my account #. It disappeared. Someone enjoyed free money.

 

Edit: for the following post...Visa Debit or some Mastercard Debit. Not just a plain old debit card.

View solution in original post

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bigmac24 wrote:

Do i pay telus in bank payees no public mobile 


No.  You need to use a voucher, credit card or ATM card. Set up in auto pay. 

Are you paying for first time...setting up account?

Or setting up future payments?

 

oops...not any ATM card, sorry. 

 

6359862A-1AC6-4CC0-AA2D-C9BD0592274A.jpeg

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

 @Bigmac24 : No. Public Mobile does not support that method of paying. Not that it's a part of Telus. I once tried paying through Koodo using my account #. It disappeared. Someone enjoyed free money.

 

Edit: for the following post...Visa Debit or some Mastercard Debit. Not just a plain old debit card.


Oh my, I thought you would have post dated your payment. That way you can still, later, delete the payment. 


@CountyDownIeUk wrote:


Oh my, I thought you would have post dated your payment. That way you can still, later, delete the payment. 


 @CountyDownIeUk : But then that wouldn't be a test. The system accepted the account # under Koodo. It's just that the money went somewhere else. Could there be duplicate account numbers in both? Maybe. I thought the "backends" were the same though. We're also seeing confusing mentions of Koodo in payments.

And as a further aside...I tried a Koodo SIM in the activation screen. No go.

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:


Oh my, I thought you would have post dated your payment. That way you can still, later, delete the payment. 


 @CountyDownIeUk : But then that wouldn't be a test. The system accepted the account # under Koodo. It's just that the money went somewhere else. Could there be duplicate account numbers in both? Maybe. I thought the "backends" were the same though. We're also seeing confusing mentions of Koodo in payments.

And as a further aside...I tried a Koodo SIM in the activation screen. No go.


My guess........there must be some common numbers on SIM and Account Number that identifies the exact carrier name. It is kind of easy to figure out on the SIM cards. I am surprised  the bank accepted the account number under Telus. Possible Telus uses same account numbers?  I’ll look at my PM number and my MIL Telus number. 


@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I am surprised  the bank accepted the account number under Telus. Possible Telus uses same account numbers?  I’ll look at my PM number and my MIL Telus number. 

Koodo. I didn't try under Telus as the OP is asking.

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know. 

 

Telus prepaid is 8 digits starting with 326

PM prepaid after the 1000000 is 7 digit starting with 184

There also might be a province identifier there too?

Like SIN #. Starts with 1 from Maritimes and 7 in BC. Today that might have expanded though. 

 


@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

 

PM prepaid after the 1000000 is 7 digit starting with 184

There also might be a province identifier there too?

 


the number after 1000000  seems to be random ....or sequential based on activation date/time..

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Setting up with credit/debit card is easier and proven good method of paying OR voucher top up.

 

Auto pay will give you $2 reward every cycle too.

Need Help? Let's chat.