cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay does not work, when i try to make a payment says there is enough balance

jaguarguitar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello,

i have encountered a weird issue the past few months. the first time was in december i think.

i lost signal, and got email that my account did not have enough funds as payment through my credit card failed. so i made a manual payment...but then a day later i got charged again! i never followed up since i figured it was a one time thing.

now, this occurred again, and it asks me to make a payment, but when i try to it says this time '

'Your account has already enough balance.'

can someone help me? autopay should work as well, i have no received the bonus since then (although i think they changed it to points now).

let me know ty
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaguarguitar : So if you're going then if you're going to a whole other family then this account will need to be active. I would suggest changing to the $15 plan and then do a manual payment using the Other option under Payment Type instead of Amount due.

If you think you might stay on then do the same manual payment using Other and get your services working again.

Then contact the CSA's again and ask to be elevated to a senior agent to try to figure out why your card is being a problem with autopay. That previous answer from them is obviously useless.

So you do have autopay toggled on right?

@jaguarguitar wrote:

^message I sent to public mobile CS. I think they just lost a customer and Telus is probably happy.

HI @jaguarguitar   So, did CS Agent reply you yet?

Also, this is an older posts you started back in Jan 27, was the issue never resolved?

jaguarguitar

^message I sent to public mobile CS. I think they just lost a customer and Telus is probably happy.

jaguarguitar

This has happened AGAIN and I have lost service. Please explain what is wrong with my account and FIX it please.

@jaguarguitar wrote:

"You still have the autopay but didn't worked this month because when the system tried to process the auto-pay you didn't have enough fund in your bank account to cover the plan`s price."

However this does not make any sense since this is a credit card, not a chequing account, and my credit card has a high limit, and I am way well below that limit.

Definitely does not have sense as very few people ever max their credit card. Sometimes you are left with scratching your head with your left and right arm and legs. Better than banging head on the wall.

Hi @jaguarguitar   Yes, Autopay does fail sometimes.  Don't know why but yes, it is likely on the PM side than the credit card side

Did you open a ticket with PM?  Did you push for an answer why it happened?

Some people would use the hyper Autopay model, manually load fund ahead of the due data but still have the Autopay enabled (to get the $2 discount).  It is not great, as some manual work involved,  but it assures no service interruption.  

Maybe try a manual load up like this for a month or even two months first and see what happens on the 3rd month?

It is not a great solution, but you want to break the pattern with some workarounds  🙂

jaguarguitar

hello everyone,

as Yummy mentioned, I messaged CS and they dealt with it. I will add it is frustrating though as its the second time my phone has been disconnected for a day while the payment gets dealt with. this is what CS said

"You still have the autopay but didn't worked this month because when the system tried to process the auto-pay you didn't have enough fund in your bank account to cover the plan`s price."

However this does not make any sense since this is a credit card, not a chequing account, and my credit card has a high limit, and I am way well below that limit.

Well see if it happens again, I had no cell usage the whole day...hopefully does not happen again!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jaguarguitar 

@jaguarguitar   From My Account's Transaction history, do you see PM charged you in the last couple days?

And on My Account, do you see Available Fund $0 or have some amount there?

If there is no Available Fund, your account is suspended, please try to use Manual Pay but manually enter the Plan amount and see if it goes through.  Sometimes paying by Amount Due option there does not work

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

NO, PM did not convert anybody to 'points'. You are still on old rewards plan and choice is yours to stay or switch to points..

Autopay knows to fail. But if you were charged twice (your credit card, twice, same amount) you should talk to the agent through email

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaguarguitar : Can you post a screenshot of the left half of your overview page. From the upper light blue area and as far down as you can. Or we can all ask you a million questions and hope you answer them all.

The first suggestion would be to use the Other amount option...not Amount due.

Also, are your services working?

Need Help? Let's chat.