cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically send texts to destination number 244444

ling1104
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My usage history shows that I sent 2 texts to destination number 244444. I did not send these messages myself. I just want to know who is the receiver 244444? What are the texts about? Is there any fraud? 

9 REPLIES 9

@ling1104 wrote:

I was trying to log into my google service, but I never send any text or answer any questions?

@ling1104 

Check your recovery options here and insure they are your details, and fill out any unfilled fields, as the more you have filled in the better.

Or you can go through this Security Checklist.

Set up 2-step login here, and ensure you follow All the steps.

If you are using the same email and password as previously to log into Self Serve, and you cannot log in, try the Forgot your password option and reset it, just to be safe.

If still issues logging into Self Serve ask CSA for assistance:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Once you obtain access to your account check that the 4 digit number under the Change Sim Card option matches the last 4 digits of your actual SIM card.

Check that any other accounts or financials are up to snuff.

@ling1104 wrote:

Hi, I can not sign in my account right now because it shows "disabled". Please help me with signing in, thank you.

Sometimes using different browser help. Not to mention deleting cookies and using incognito mode.

ling1104

Yes, I stored my user name and password in the computer and automatically filled when signing in.

@ling1104 wrote:

Hi, I can not sign in my account right now because it shows "disabled". Please help me with signing in, thank you.

@ling1104   Do you mind to post a screenshot?  (Please cover up any personal info like your login name , etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ling1104 : Are your services working? Are you able to use the Forgot your password? link? Are you sure you're using the right email address that you used at activation?

ling1104

@ling1104   Yes, I think it is normal, Google was trying to verify your phone number  and add it to Google database

ling1104

I was trying to log into my google service, but I never send any text or answer any questions?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ling1104 

244444 is a shortcode used by Google for a two step authentication process by sending authentication codes to your phone.

Did you recall having to authenticate to your Gmail or other Google service?

Need Help? Let's chat.