cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asking questions to get rewards

tttianna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am asking questions, but I do not see any awards.  How many questions do I need to ask to obtain a reward?

16 REPLIES 16

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 

yeah, I remember about the vote, it was funny and interesting.  And turn out we chose the right persons.  You and @will13am are both great oracle

@hairbag1 

for the Oracle campaign, the candidate cannot be a Telus hater. LoL

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tttianna wrote:

I am asking questions, but I do not see any awards.  How many questions do I need to ask to obtain a reward?

@tttianna  no, not 1 question 1 point, it is too easy if that is the case

🙂

@dust2dust wrote:

@hTideGnow- My "bad comments" are towards the systems and the technical knowledge that made them and the support of them. The service has always been solid. A business nitpick is volte. But it works on one of my phones.
I have no friends here.
And that's what I was meaning. It's $20. How much work would you do to be paid that? I only say that because they don't compete and it's a set amount.
But we have no clue what they might be doing in the background to justify their $20.
Seems to be a solidly closed door to any new members. I'm sure the kings of the community would be invited in long before I would.

It has been a while since there has been new team members.  The last round was by application and some community members felt snubbed for not being asked directly.  When I became an Oracle I wasn't asked and didn't have the opportunity to even apply, it was by nomination of the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@hairbag1- MPMGA! 🙂

@hTideGnow 

are you suggesting a campaign to elect dusty for oracle ? I can see it now ..."Dusty for Oracle" ballcaps !!

@hTideGnow- My "bad comments" are towards the systems and the technical knowledge that made them and the support of them. The service has always been solid. A business nitpick is volte. But it works on one of my phones.
I have no friends here.
And that's what I was meaning. It's $20. How much work would you do to be paid that? I only say that because they don't compete and it's a set amount.
But we have no clue what they might be doing in the background to justify their $20.
Seems to be a solidly closed door to any new members. I'm sure the kings of the community would be invited in long before I would.

Hi @dust2dust 

you always have bad comments with PM and your friends in  the Oracles team 😅🤣

Be fair, this is not a job and they don't report to Community members.  I would see them extra doing things dsily that we don't see from outside as well

You have been here long and know a lot, maybe you can join to find out what is behind the curtain  🙂

@hTideGnow- Two are clearly present and active. One or two post a couple times. I guess one is on the French side but I almost never visit there so I don't know how visible they are. The others are barely present. We have no clue what all they do in the background. Then if they do pop in for a post then they seem to be woefully out of touch with all the changes. If it's testing new things before they roll out then that seems ineffectual judging by what eventually gets rolled out . But really, $20?? How much work would you put in for $20?

@tttianna 

there's a big diff between PM Rewards and PM Points. If you currently are enrolled in Rewards...don't opt for Points program as the difference is substantial.

Hi @tttianna don't get discouraged.  1 or 2 points are not hard. Spend 5 .ins here once a week and reply couple posts should get you that

Add to comment above, Oracle actually works hard for that $20  a month 

tttianna

No, its understandable, I only started posting a half hour ago 😋 will probably not continue at a rate worthy of recieving points haha

@tttianna This account you're posting from only has 7 posts, so not really possible to have received any community rewards. Did you have another account you used to post on?

tttianna

I started it a couple of years ago and just saw I was getting discounts for loyalty etc. but not for engaging in the community 🙂 Attempting to understand what that is supposed to mean. Thanks for you help! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @tttianna 

we don't know the exact amount of questions or answers needed to get 1 or 2  or 5 or 10 or 25 points. Just ask when you need and reply others' questions if you have an answer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tttianna 

I don't reckon it's just a matter of asking questions. Are you enrolled in Rewards or the Points program...when did you start your PM account ?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You typically earn points for answering questions of others, receiving Accepted Solutions, and possibly Likes. Asking questions won't likely do anything.

Also there's no set minimum; it's all based on your participation in relation to others (e.g. Top 1%, Top 5%, Top 10% etc).

Here is the link to the Top Contributers page:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/kudosleaderboardpage/category-id/Public_Mobile_...

Need Help? Let's chat.