cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying calls

toddmatheson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does someone know how to prevent pesky calls.

6 REPLIES 6

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, that's odd, its been working well for me, but I've tweaked its settings heavily.

@XionBunny 

I was told by @Korth that Truecaller doesn’t work well in Canada.

I had no luck with Truecaller so I uninstalled the app.

XionBunny

The app True Caller is pretty good at blocking them, provided you set it up the right way, it just blocked a bunch for me personally today.

pkaraa

Try to Go to Call list then go to block numbers 

toggle the switch for block unrecognized numbers.

If you are waiting for a verification call from a bank or any urgent call, toggle it back to receive calls.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@toddmatheson 

NEVER answer any calls from numbers/people you either don't recognize or are not on your contact list.  It can be difficult to ignore a call, but you will get used to it.  

If the person calling you needs you that badly, they will leave a voice message; if they don't bother leaving one, you likely didn't need to hear from them in the first place.

IF YOU DO ANSWER, and the caller is a spammer, it's likely your number will get logged as one which will get answered, so anticipate spam calling to increase (at least in the short term).  Additionally, companies sell information to others for numbers which result in answered calls, so also bear that in mind.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@toddmatheson   sorry, not effective way.  Even CRTC has ways for that

and no need to consider changing your number, those spam calls will call anyone with any number

of course, do not pick up if you don't know the number

or what you can do is to use the feature on your phone (iPhone and some Android has that) , Silence unknown callers.  Basically with that enabled , the phone will only ring if the number is on your contacts, if not, it will go straight to your VM

Need Help? Let's chat.