cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add ons don't work

Rita33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am so frustrated with poor service.  I purchased add ons while visiting in the US for phone and text.  Phone does not work.  I cannot seem to get any help with this and now what?  I care for children here at the home and must have a way to make contact.

6 REPLIES 6

Rita33

Thank you kindly for your support.  I have contacted PM support and confident this will be worked out.  The add-ons did finally kick in after a few days.  Very relieved.

Many thanks, 

Rita

Rita33

Thank you for this information and kind support. 🙂  I was able to make phone calls after a few days so this was a relief.  Unsure of why it didn't work for those few days.  I paid for the add-on again in the hopes it would work and it eventually did!  I will request a credit for paying twice.  Thank you again!

@PhoneHome8932 

the text and data portion of the US roaming add-on is usually very reliable while in US...it's just that the talk portion can be an issue to the un-knowing user. Having a VOLTE enabled phone is the ideal. Without that, customer needs a phone that can be dropped to 2G for talk in US as they no longer support 3G. I've used it in 2G and found talk is good as long as you're close to a cell tower but diminishes quickly as you move further away. Service in more remote areas is unreliable without VOLTE.  The PM talk portion will simply not work in Alaska w/o VOLTE.

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, it seems many PM users have issues with US roaming. It could be older non-Volte phones.

One solution could be to use Voip apps that connect over WIFI . TextNow, Text+, Google chat, imessage or RCS chat.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Rita33   To understand better, are you still in the US?  Which add-ons did you purchase (especially since last time you posted here about similar problems it sounded as though you may not have had the right ones)?  These days problems with US roaming often relate to the phone not being VoLTE compatible/enabled, in which case you are left with T-Mobile's 2G as the only option where it is still available since the US shut down their 3G networks  (and 2G is being shut down too in April).  If you are still in the US some more details would be helpful, otherwise contact support as @softech mentioned.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rita33 

we could have helped if you come to the Community earlier when you are still in US

The only thing we can suggest now is to let PM support knows the poor experience and get a credit back for the add-on. Please open ticket with PM support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.