cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add on

diniw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how can i confirm that my add on will actually work when i get to the states?    i'd love some sort of confirmation now to avoid frustration later 

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@diniw 

Check your overview page for the US roaming add on to be listed at the bottom left corner. If you don't see it you may have just added the funds to your balance. If so you can the choose it, confirm and submit the payment when you are about to leave or you have arrived at your destination.

If you have purchased it and you don't leave for a few days contact the moderators and explain your mistake. They are usually pretty good about misunderstandings and will likely remove it and credit the funds back to your balance for you to purchase on your day of departure.

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diniw 

do you buy it or not yet !!

you can try it  to Customer Service by Moderator Team, and explanation to them maybe the will credit to you for one and when before cross the border, buy it again...

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@diniw wrote:

aaahh!   i thought the 10 days started not from when i buy the add on but from when i cross the border!

am i mistaken?

Your 10 day add-on starts a s soon as purchased.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

diniw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

aaahh!   i thought the 10 days started not from when i buy the add on but from when i cross the border!

am i mistaken?

If you are close to the border and still in Canada you could test it.

In BC you could test in White Rock, Ladner especially if you can look over the water and see the states. 

And keep in mind your 10 day count down starts as soon as you buy it. So you really should not have the time to test it...in a way. 

There are other tips to set up the roaming for the area you are in vs the best carrier to use. Others will tell you. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@diniw 

Testing whether it works in the US means you're already in the US!  🙂  Your best confirmation will be logging into My Account and ensuring that the Add-On is there for the duration of your time in the US.  There are many (free) wifi hotspots where you can login to a web browser on your phone and access Public Mobile to fix ____ if really needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diniw 

you can't test in canada because you are connecting to network in canada.

you can check it out how to Purchase Add-Ons,

and visit Here 

or Here 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you won't be able to test it until you are in the US.  Check your account under add-ons to make sure it is added to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.