cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add on gigs disappeared

Eszter2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, i got a promotional message from Public Mobile a few weeks ago that i have an extra 250 gigs to use in the next 5 months. to take full advantage of it and not pay for my regular 40 or 50 gig per month, i changed my subscription plan but the 250 gigs suddenly disappeared. nowhere in the promotional message did it say that you can only have these extra gigs if you kept your current plan. now, i have to change back to my earlier plan, as i used up my 250 megabytes and the system charges me 40 bucks on top of the 11 i already paid for this cycle. i dont think it is fair, so i would like to get my 11 dollars back and only pay the regular 40 dollars. thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

@upublic wrote:

but that makes no sense, those plans that got 240GB bonus data are "unlimited" plans, all the data add-ons are incompatible, you can't use the bonus unless you change it to a limited data plan. So you'll have to maintain a plan to qualify for a data bonus that you can't use?

The 240GB data add-on works on the unlimited data plans. it doesn't get shown as incompatible.

@upublic  but that makes no sense, those plans that got 240GB bonus data are "unlimited" plans, all the data add-ons are incompatible, you can't use the bonus unless you change it to a limited data plan

I thought the difference is that you can use the 240GB bonus when your data bucket is used up to avoid having the speed throttled until next renewal.  Isn't it just the holiday bonus data that is incompatible with unlimited plans?  

HI @upublic 

i think the 240GB will work for unlimited plan as well.  But better to check with CS agent

upublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

but that makes no sense, those plans that got 240GB bonus data are "unlimited" plans, all the data add-ons are incompatible, you can't use the bonus unless you change it to a limited data plan. So you'll have to maintain a plan to qualify for a data bonus that you can't use?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Small print says if you change your plan you will LOSE all your loyalty bonus data.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Eszter2 

if you changed your regular plan to a lesser plan...you've now lost the 150 day Bonus data...it's gone.

Clipped from Help Files...

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.