cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation problem (from Freedom to PM)

mehran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

In 6 July, I ported from Freedom Mobile to take advantage of the $40 offer. All the activation process completed, but error in last page and requested for contacting the help center. Today I received an email that my account is activated but I cannot receive any call; my freedom sim is still working. I also had another number in PM and want to have them all in one panel.

I sent private messages to 3 moderator users and still waiting for reply!

4 REPLIES 4

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@mehran
I had also signed up for the PM promotion on the last day. Right after I had issues with no service for just about 3 days but the issue got attended to 2 days ago and I know have PM service up and running well on my phone.
Moderators are backlogged up to 3 to 4 days and are attending everyone’s concerns on a first-come basis. However, I am sure that by tomorrow morning they will much faster respond timing as the backlog has drastically decreased since.
It's good that you emailed the mods but be sure to not forget to email them as well through the following link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help. Click Contact Us to access the email form process. Be sure to be as descriptive with your issue as you can and they will get back to you within 48 hours, but usually in much less time than that.
Once again, the longer than usual wait time was due to backlog caused by the FM promo that lured in a more than usual number of sim activations for PM.

When I did that I got service by the next day evening and had no issues since

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shazia_K i tagged this mod in this as i notice that your port did not successfully go through. if you did not recieve a text message then there is a problem. what i suggest is doing if you still dont have perfect service, personally message the mod above and she should help hyou. or what i did is, i mesgged pm on twitter and i recieved a reply in less than 24 hours. 

mehran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your reply, hope it works!

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mehran wrote:

Hi,

In 6 July, I ported from Freedom Mobile to take advantage of the $40 offer. All the activation process completed, but error in last page and requested for contacting the help center. Today I received an email that my account is activated but I cannot receive any call; my freedom sim is still working. I also had another number in PM and want to have them all in one panel.

I sent private messages to 3 moderator users and still waiting for reply!

Just give it a day or two. I had the same issue as you, with the SIM from Freedom still working, but it got fixed the following day. 

Need Help? Let's chat.