cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation payment - cannot use USA credit card

redstar15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a public mobile sim card, I am using a USA credit card that has a Canadian billing address. I keep getting this error: "Payment Failed! Please try again or use a different payment method"

I tried 2 different USA cards (VISA and American Express) and one VISA debit card. None of them worked.

3 REPLIES 3

hi @redstar15 if you want to activate on a rush , you can try a prepaid credit card and just put down a Canadian address 

redstar15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks for the detailed explanation.

yes, I used the app but I tried on my PC as well. I kept getting the same error. I tried multiple times over a period of 8 hours.

I tried clearing the cache and cookies trick but no luck. I double checked with the bank to make sure there are no locks on my cards.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may send them a message then as you suggested.

Thanks for the help again!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@redstar15 

I presume you were using the Public Mobile app to complete the activation, you need to if you are not.

The payment error is troublesome and something which causes concern for new activations.

Can you try clearing the app’s cache and data, waiting 2 hours and then trying again.

It’s possible repeated attempts may have put a lock on your card so make sure the card provider isn’t withholding payment for whatever reason.

Need to contact customer support? Here’s how:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.