cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation failed with error 820

bluesystems
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My activation failed during signup for service with error code 820. What is this error code?

Now when I log in I am immediately directed to complete activation BUT that results in being asked to login in a second time AND the second login always fails with a report that the user name or password is invalid even though I use the exact same User name and password as was just accepted to login in the first time.

The result is there seems for me no way to become a customer. Sigh.

6 REPLIES 6

@bluesystems wrote:

I am trying to sign up from my PC and until I do the phone will not work. So no app yet.

That is why you are receiving an error @bluesystems 

Download for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.publicmobile&hl=en_US&pli=1

Download for apple:https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/public-mobile/id1645306824 

If you don't have a phone  that can use apps (I dunno, a flipphone or something), can you borrow one to do the activation? Then you can manage your account on your desktop, rather than using the app.

Or, perhaps the online activation link people can activate if for you. Let us know if that helps.

@bluesystems 

you need the PM app to be able to successfully activate your new PM account.

@bluesystems  All new activations need the app to complete now . Just down load the app and it will pick up where you left off on the website 

add it’s best to just start from the app start to finish unlike before when we could activate on the website 

bluesystems
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to sign up from my PC and until I do the phone will not work. So no app yet.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bluesystems  Have you downloaded the new PM app to finish the activation ?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bluesystems - you need to activate through the public mobile APP, is that what you are doing?

If you are in the APP and you are stuck, maybe click this link to see if this group can help you: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Need Help? Let's chat.